ABW Ambassador
    Question Where's the money?
    A friend sent me and about 25 other friends an email saying we could get a Free $250 Gift Card from Nordstrom. Here is the link to it:

http://www.fillmycloset.com/app/invi...198/i/1-48/z/1

To get the offer you have to complete one offer and get 5 friends to sign up. I didn't sign up but their How it Works section says the offers you have to sign up for are free offers from companies like Blockbuster, AOL, Citibank and USA Today.

I did a search and the same company Free Super LLC seems to do a lot of these offers. They say that you can opt out of receiving email and they won't spam you so email harvesting doesn't seem to be the purpose.

If they are signing people up for affiliate offers and they are paid by sign up, the amount they are paid for five sign ups can't equal $250. So ...what's the catch and how are they making money?

Sure it can equal more then 250. Hundreds of people sign up
    most of those programs are incentive programs which payouts increase with the more people that sign up

I tried to follow through on one similar to that and found there were too many hoops involved. Now I have careful advice for "friends" who think I need this kind of information.

They do make money, mostly thanks to people quitting on the half-way through, and those who cannot get 5 people to sign up. Also as HardwareGeek mentioned, the payouts for those high-volume sites much higher than the normal affiliates'.

I'm in the process of getting a Samsung camcorder from TopFreeGifts, which is managed by MetaRewards, and which is owned by Equifax, a decent company. In this case, I don't need to get any other people to sign up, and but I have complete three offers myself. I finished 2, but the third one seems to pretty off, as I don't want to apply for any credit cards, car loans, nor do I need a $97 real estate fortunes book.

I started this to see how they work, if they really giving it away and I'm determined to see this to the end.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't consider anybody who sends me those things, friends.

Internet Cowboy
    When someone sends me something like that, I reply to all with a pitch for one of my affiliate sites. I can't say that makes any sales, but it certainly keeps them from including me in the next one.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I wait 2 weeks and then tell the person who sent it to me that I got the DVD player, camcorder or whatever and tell them I hope they're enjoying there's. Of course, they never get there's and feel like a loser. It's strange, but they skip me the next time - people hate to be out-done.

ABW Ambassador
    These kind of things are a good way to collect email addys so they or whoever they sell their list to can SPAM you and your friends later.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread