Does Anyone know of any Automated sofware for writing PHP?

I don't think you're going to find code that will write code for you unless it's for a very specific purpose. The beauty of PHP is that you can program with a very simple, for-the-people, programming language. I strongly suggest just getting a book and starting with a simple project that you can comprehend.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Dreamweaver will allow you to create some php code with wizards etc...

I don't really recommend Dreamweaver for PHP. It produces incredibly simple PHP that has no real logical use. It mostly just lets you create space to enter your own PHP code. I prefer good old vim and apache2 triad for development.

- Scott

Snib, what do you recommend? I am tired of hiring loser programmers, and want to try to figure it out myself :0)

Ok that was too strange. Right when I asked, the answer popped up here, Haiko are you spying? LOL!

I recommend using sites like www.phpbuilder.com or www.phpfreaks.com to look up code examples. Another great resource for PHP assistance is on IRC. Download a client like mIRC and connect to Efnet. Join #php and there are plenty of helpful programmers there. Just a tip, don't go in there asking to ask for help. Just ask your question and be as clear as you can. Somebody will respond if you aren't too pushy. Start simple, include a few files and learn the basics. Don't set your goals too high or you'll get discouraged. Take small steps and do what you can handle. It's a lot more difficult than it sounds to install a forum or counter script. Take some practice, use some existing scripts and play with them. If you can't get somebody else's script work, you'll never get your own to work. It's a great way to learn. Tear apart their code and make it do what you want it to do. No open source program is set in stone, they're made to be modified.

I wish you luck!!
    - Scott

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread