Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Anonymizer.. Any reviews?
    Just wondering if anyone has any comments on the anonymizer privacy toolbar, good or bad would help...
    A friend has this installed on her pc and has had nothing but problems and had to eventually reformat the whole hard drive... does this thing actually work to protect your privacy, my girlfriend is a tad paranoid..

I tried it out years ago, had no trouble with it. Back then it wouldn't default load, so I had to remember to click on the icon in my toolbar for anonymizer browsing. In the end I really don't need anonymous browsing very often at all, so I didn't renew my account.

Like I said, that was years ago with a different operating system, an earlier version of browser, and I'm not even sure I was ADSL then! Back when the dinosaurs roamed and all that....

Most security suites come with very customizable settings for privacy.

And just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Opposite the Slough of Despond
    Megaproxy is a pretty good service - it works through a web portal a bit like the original Anonymizer service. It's $9.95 for a 90 day subscription.

Sometimes it chokes on Java and Javascript, but it's not bad and hardly expensive.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread