Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    http and a telephoto
    eComXpo - Discussion for those that *are* going
    Since any thread about eComXpo gets derailed, I decided to to at this in a different way, by posting a thread for people that ARE interested, since it going to happen (like it or not) and it *is* about the industry *we* are all a part of.

So, for those that ARE interested, it is shaping up to be a pretty decent event. There are SEVERAL people from ABW that are presenting and exhibiting, some are just being a bit quiet about it. There are some excellent educational presentations planned and finished. They are worth the price of admission alone.

The merchant list is varied, and of course has some top players, why not go and ask them the questions you always wanted to and didn't have access to ask in person?

I personally am excited about participating for a variety of reasons. One, it is making me pull together thoughts and information for a site that has been ignored while I build sites to make money. I am a teacher at heart and my presentations and booth are giving me the incentive I need to get relavant information available to people that are interested in Cafe Press, affiliate marketing and fundraising. Hopefully there will be an audience that can appreciate my presentations during the expo, but if not, the information will be available after the expo at several of my sites. Unfortunately the presentations are in Power Point format with CD quality sound, so they are HUGE files and will not run in a browser window. For the expo they have been converted to Flash movies, which is very cool.

I am a different kind of webmaster and different kind of person than most of you here apparently. I take any opportunity to educate the public. I *like* sharing knowledge. I have spent most of my life educating people about the needs of the physically disabled. That meant going places I wouldn't have gone and talking to people I didn't like. In the end, if I accomplished my goal of making one person see things differently, it was worth it. If it made one business add a ramp or rearrange the store so wheelchairs were welcome, it was worth it.

My sites are not all about sales. I have lots of sites that ARE about sales, but I have lots of sites that aren't. I put up sites about issues I care about. I put links to support those sites.

eComXpo is giving me an opportunity to share with people I wouldn't normally reach. It is giving *me*, an ordinary person that isn't a big corporation, the chance to have *my* voice and views seen and heard by the same people that will be looking at and listening to the big boys.

Attendees reach beyond these message boards, they will be a mix of people from all over the world. Seasoned professionals and green newbies. I am anticipating a fun and busy 3 days. I am anticipating a chance to hear people's questions about affiliate marketing and about a variety of topics. I am anticipating learning a lot about the people out there that I can't normally see and communicate with because they don't know me and I don't know them, yet.

If you want to boycott, or have negative things to say, please say them in another thread. For this thread I would like to hear what other people presenting and attending think they will gain from their participation.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

If you want to boycott, or have negative things to say, please say them in another thread.
    Or forum - Obviously! Funny thing is that they call me a Nazi LMFAO --- oh I forgot, I should stay on Topic ... and should all of you ... as such, this is the last off topic posting allowed in this thread, please keep it as productive and on topic or be banned or recieve a ban warning.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Loxly - I am looking forward to seeing your presentation about CafePress! I am just getting started with it and having a lot of fun - looking forward to learning more from someone who is more experienced.
    Ebudae

I'm going. Spent a lot of time making my slides and narration, looking forward to feedback. Dedicated long-time ABW'ers may already know much of what I decided to say, but I'm hoping some new folks (AMs etc.) will begin to think about parasites in a new light.

http and a telephoto
    Your presentation is one of the ones I am most looking forward to! Have you seen the updated list?? WOW. Lots of info from lots of people, and some will be interesting just to hear, whether it is info you need or not.

I am interested in the feedback you get. I can only imagine what your poll questions are!!!
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks from positng this positive view - I've been checking out the site and it looks interesting - I'm a little leary only because the biggest part of any tradeshow/event for me is actually meeting people face to face. But the information that is being distributed looks wonderful - I'm attending.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm planning to attend, although I'll be AWOL one day due to a conflicting appointment.

I have terribly mixed feelings about this program because of who's hosting it, but I'm looking forward to many of the presentations and learning as much as I can.

What's that old saying, "half the battle is showing up?"

ABW Ambassador
    Since it's online, how exactly does this work? Is it a bunch of chat rooms or something? Cam chat? Download stuff to watch?

http and a telephoto
    There was a tryout of the site for some of the participants last week, and it is pretty neat. The presentations are powerpoint presentations that have voice over that have been converted to macromedia breeze format. For example, my PP presentation is 169 megs because of the CD quality sound and people I have sent it to for preview can't open and view it, however in the breeze format, it will play like a flash movie.

There are polls in each presentation, so you can interact by answering the poll questions, and then at the end of each presentation there is a text chat for questions and answers.

In each of the exhibitor booths there are 3 ways to communicate with the booth staff: private chat, email through the expo mail system so you don't have to share information you don't want to, and vcard exchange. All booths have the capability of having a group chat, but not all will use that.

I miss the voice chat option, so in my own booth I will have a link to Skype. That allows conference calls of up to 4 people, and will allow me to talk to people instead of just typing. Hopefully there will be feedback that will support the idea that voice chat should be included in future expos.

You have the capability when you are logged into the expo to start a chat or email or send a vcard to any of the other participants. So you could private chat with someone to invite them to a booth group chat.

It isn't quite as good as face to face, but it is pretty neat the way it is set up. You can see who is online at any given time and in each booth you can see who is visiting as well as who is staff, and where staff is.
    Deborah Carney

I'll be there. I signed up weeks ago and have been excited about it ever since.

Unfortunately, I still have a day job. Will I be missing out on anything if I can only attend two days, or can I catch up on everything later? I don't want to miss a thing. It is my understanding that you can "come and go" as you please.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I am also looking forward to this. Should be a great learning experience.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb
    Unfortunately, I still have a day job. Will I be missing out on anything if I can only attend two days, or can I catch up on everything later? I don't want to miss a thing. It is my understanding that you can "come and go" as you please.
    If you miss the first run of a presentation, you can watch it any time. You just don't get to be in on the Q&A. You can go to booths any time and leave messages for the booth staff that you want to talk to that aren't there. Personally, I plan to be around quite a bit, to see who shows up in the wee hours!!!!

So, yes, you can come and go as you please and not miss out on anything.
    Deborah Carney

Great! I'm hoping the Q&As get saved so us "late-comers" can also benefit from that part by reading them later.

attendant questions
    I am also going there...

I was curious if anoune has some info, how can you contact affiliates in the eComXpo. WIll I b able to encourage/recruit new affiliates ?

I am so glad to hear something positive about the show. It was through the show I got to ABW. Our company will be a presenter at the show as well as a vendor for our programs. We have a great educational piece about how to process credit cards securely on the internet. Then separately our booth describes our products.

Just as your industry has a lot of parasites and not so ethical people so does mine. Finding a way to protect yourself and your money from these types are just as important to us then it is to you.

We have a lot of people who come to us on the brink of termination because of the scam artisits out there. Lucky we can help most of them. There are other quality merchant providers like us. And some of them are begining to understand the unique needs of the internet.

Great things are about to happen for our company and we would like to make many of you a part of it. We have such an exciting program and by helping us you'll be helping our company's goal and mission.

To make the internet a safe and secure place to shop, shop, shop!!!!

Profits for you and me and fraud free environment for the rest of us.

I've got some free passes if there are any members here who want to go but can't afford it.

email me

annas@fasttransact.com

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by cjames
    I am also going there...

I was curious if anoune has some info, how can you contact affiliates in the eComXpo. WIll I b able to encourage/recruit new affiliates ?
    If you don't have a booth you will be limited. You can join the group chats and there is a general chat and a message board and you can start a conversation with any attendee you want. But I don't think that Overture would like it if you went to their chat and started recruiting affiliates for your program.

Also, attendees don't have access to some of the merchant specific presentations. There is a section of presentations that is reserved for exhibitors only because they are targetted to merchants.

Although it is too late for you to be an exhibitor this time, make sure you spend a lot of time looking around and visiting with people and then you may want to exhibit at the next one.

There are people like me that are affiliates that have booths that you could come and talk to in our group chats, but again, I wouldn't want people in my booth all day recruiting people to a program that I am not personally involved in.
    Deborah Carney

Hi All:
    For those who are interested, here is the schedule of presentations (all times CST):
    Thurs, 2/17
    9:30 AM All you need to know on the European Market
    10:30 AM Selling to a Niche Market (hosted by yours truly!)
    11AM Recruiting Affiliates
    How to Choose an Affiliate Program
    12:30PM Prs and Cons of running an independent affiliate program
    2PM Overcoming Europe's multiple markets
    2:30PM How to effectively and efficiently communicate & manage tens of thousands of affiliate partnerships
    3PM Communications
    Monetize your content site
    4PM How to be the first listing in the search engines
    5PM Fundraising on the net
    6PM How to choose an affiliate program

2/18
    9AM Secrets of affiliate lead generation
    9:30 Getting customers to spend more and decrease your affiliate acquisition costs
    CPC, CPA, CPL: differences and advantages
    10AM PPC is not a drug
    4:30 PM The move to rich media in paid search
    5PM How offline affiliates drive online sales

2/19
    9AM How to choose an ISP
    [size=2]Amanda Moralis
    The Eastwood Company
    [email="affiliates@eastwood.com"]affiliates AT eastwood.com[/email]
    [url="http://www.eastwood.com/jump.jsp?itemID=34&itemType=CONTENT"]Sign-up Link[/url]
    [/size]

http and a telephoto
    There are actually more presentations that aren't on the schedule yet, plus in booth presentations that aren't on the list at all.
    Deborah Carney

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Isn't there parasites involved in this expo thingie?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Isn't there parasites involved in this expo thingie?
    If you want to boycott, or have negative things to say, please say them in another thread. For this thread I would like to hear what other people presenting and attending think they will gain from their participation.
    There are a wide range of merchants and affiliates participating. It is a chance to educate future affiliates about appropriate techniques.

There is a preview for those of us with booths and I am impressed by the quality of many of the booths and the information they contain. And the depth of presentations include several that attack parasites and parasite marketing techniques.
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks so much for that (tentative) schedule. I printed it out and am highlighting the stuff that is most important to me!

There are a lot of presentations missing

We are presenting at 3:30 CST on Thursday it is called

eCommerce Zen - The Subline Art of Online Processing

We address how to properly set up your merchant services to prevent fraud and chargebacks and what questions to ask when signing up. How to chose a payment gateway etc.

For those of you who can't attend or missed the presentation you can email me I can send you the ppt.

It is an informational piece not a marketing or advertisement for our company. It is filled with great outlines and recommendations for setting up your services with whomever you choose. Our company's goal and misson is to make the internet a safe place to shop! shop! shop!

Anna

annas@fasttransact.com
    Last edited by Starlink; February 15th, 2005 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typos

There are actually more presentations that aren't on the schedule yet, plus in booth presentations that aren't on the list at all.
    Will there be a complete schedule at any time? I'd like to know what will be there before I decide one way or another.

I really haven't yet decided whether I am going to attend. I would like to but I couldn't possibly commit the time during the day since I stay home with my kids and homeschool during the day. Is there a way to view everything on my own timetable? And will the Q&A session be available to those who are not there live? I guess I need more info. Thanks for this thread Loxly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

http and a telephoto
    There is a complete list of planned speakers, but some haven't completed their presentations yet, if you can imagine that.

http://www.ecomxpo.com/TracksSessionsHTML.htm

And the whole premise is that the expo is available 24/7. The q&a is only available during the live presentations, but you can contact the speakers via private chat any time they are online. You can send email to any attendee via the show email system at any time, whether they are online or offline at the time.

Presentations that are in the learning center are available anytime, once the live presentation has taken place. In booth presentations should be available once the show opens.

And for those that like prizes, there are a large number of cool booth and show priizes that range from a Dell computer to a trip to Las Vegas to a cruise and my own booth prize which is a 4.0 mp Fugi digital camera.

Haiko, you are still listed in a panel discussion, are you pulling out of that?
    Deborah Carney

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    So if I "go" to this convention... I never really leave my computer right?

Anything - other then my netscape browser - I need to participate? (I can't view powerpoint presentation normally)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast