PPC Keywords
    Hi,

I just want to do get an idea from your experience, what convert more efficiently for PPC keywords? as an affiliate, should I concentrate on buying Merchant name (lots of trademark issues and restriction) as keywords or generic keywords such as "baby diaper", "valentines flowers", "bridal shoes" etc? Do you want to share you experience?

Thanks

do the latter... using trademarked names without permission will bring you nothing but greif...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Hi all,

I was going to start a PPC thread and since You already had this one going I thought maybe I could get my questions answer here; hope it's ok? Sorry hwee.

I was wondering if when You do PPC can You change the landing page?... Like say You start with www.example.com and want to change it to www.example.com/cars.html can You do that?

Also wondering what's a good PPC search engine to start with to learn the ropes without going broke?.. And any other info that You think would be of use?

Thanks and Love You,
    HumbleFish

HF, you can always edit your landing page latter any time you want.

You can start with google adwords as their min. bid starts from 0.05 as compare to 0.10 of overture. Start with your best performing merchant with the good payout (not in terms of % but in terms of $). e.g. if you are selling books with 5% commission through PPC you may only earn few cents but if you sell computers with 3% commission you can earn $. This is just an example to give you an idea what I am trying to say. Once you get a feel of it then you can go on and experiment with other merchants.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Hi ahmar,

Thanks for the info... I was also wondering if when you bid on a search phrase like for example "cowboy boots" do you have to pay .05 for each word, or would it be .05 for the whole phrase?

What ever bid price you choose to pay is for a single click. Your one ad can consist of no. of keywords or phrases. So actually you are not payin for Keyword you are payin for the each click from the user.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Thanks ahmar,

Also, wondering about howmuch money I would need to start... I got $50.00 to spend... Would that be enough money to get anything going or would I just be wasting my time and money?

ABW Ambassador
    What Ahmar said about which to start with, Adwords.

"I just want to do get an idea from your experience, what convert more efficiently for PPC keywords? as an affiliate, should I concentrate on buying Merchant name (lots of trademark issues and restriction) as keywords or generic keywords such as "baby diaper", "valentines flowers", "bridal shoes" etc? Do you want to share you experience?"

I do better with extremely targetted phrases, so besides those kind of phrases converting better, you have a better chance of a lower bid amount or nickel clicks. So JVC XV80 progressive scan dvd player better than dvd player. More targetted, more better

"JVC XV80 progressive scan dvd player"

Hi TrustNo1,

So it's ok to bid on a phrase that has a trademarked name like "JVC" in it?

ABW Ambassador
    Yep. You can bid on products a merchant sells.

Thanks TrustNo1, that's good advice... You think I might be able to get started at google with $50.00 every two weeks and do ok?

And when You sign up with google adwords do You have to have everything ready to go, or do You have time to plan and workout exactly what You want to sell?... Like if I signed up would they allow me to fiddle around and discover stuff for about a week before I actually egage anything?

Initially when I started off with adwords I had kept a budget of $50 per month. So $50 for a fortnight I guess is not at all bad. In fact its better to start as low as possible not to drain out all your cash while you are in a learning process.

You can sign up with adwords any time and actually start placing ads even after a month. There is no time limit you can take as much time you would like to have a feel of it.

There is one good feature of adwords where you can limit your spendings to certain amount per day. I always got the advise from adword experts to start with a budget of $5/day. Till you are comfortable and can increase your budget to any amount you like to.

Thanks ahmar, TrustNo1, and hwee,

I think You have given me enough info for me to give it a try.

Thanks again and Love You,
    HumbleFish

You are most welcome, glad to help out.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Humblefish,

There's a link in adwords for "Getter Started" video

It takes you step-by-step thru the entire process...

Let's you experiment with words and phrases, suggest alternates...

Experiment with prices. Hec! It will even tell you if you used too many exclamation points!!!!

Everything... BEFORE you sign up

https://adwords.google.com/select/library/index.html

Just keep tweakin' - 'till you feel comfortable

Hi Billy Kay,

Thanks for Your help... I'll have to try that out.

Love You,
    HumbleFish

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread