Slow Sales
    Sales have really slowed over the past months for CB products. Don't know if it is the fear of downloading online, security software or parasites stealing commissions - all 3 maybe?

CJ
    "Every mans life touches so many others"
    - Clarence

Quote Originally Posted by cjshu
    Sales have really slowed over the past months for CB products. Don't know if it is the fear of downloading online, security software or parasites stealing commissions - all 3 maybe?

CJ
    My CBMall is doing crap at the moment, even the niche pages. I've found Ezines get way better response with clickbank products than PPC or any other, simply because people need 3 or 4 reminders about the products - the single sales page puts first timers off IMHO

What is to prevent ClickBank from crediting merchants and not crediting affiliates for their portion of the affiliate sales. In effect pocketing the money affiliates should have earned. Something stinks at Clickbank. I deal with several affiliate programs, the biggies and some in house programs. While others have consistancy in EPC Clickbank does not. Makes no sense......
    Whom would I contact to investigate this. Is there an agency that does this?
    FBI? ICC? Who do I contact?

BTW. I'm not a lightweight here. I pay taxes on over 200K yearly from affiliate marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by azdude
    What is to prevent ClickBank from crediting merchants and not crediting affiliates for their portion of the affiliate sales. In effect pocketing the money affiliates should have earned. Something stinks at Clickbank. I deal with several affiliate programs, the biggies and some in house programs. While others have consistancy in EPC Clickbank does not. Makes no sense......
    Whom would I contact to investigate this. Is there an agency that does this?
    FBI? ICC? Who do I contact?

BTW. I'm not a lightweight here. I pay taxes on over 200K yearly from affiliate marketing.
    It's in CLickbank's best interests to do business properly - they want good affiliate performance don't they? Maybe I'm a bit in the dark as to what you mean, but Clickbank will see it as: please the affiliates, keep their business.

ABW Ambassador
    Many Clickbank affiliates use link cloaking scripts to hide their affiliate url. I've been finding
    that I get better results using no cloaking at all. I think a lot of the link cloaking
    scripts around cause as many problems as they create nowadays.

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by waybar
    Many Clickbank affiliates use link cloaking scripts to hide their affiliate url. I've been finding
    that I get better results using no cloaking at all. I think a lot of the link cloaking
    scripts around cause as many problems as they create nowadays.
    please expand on this - I've heard about 90% of affiliate programs accept cloaking. I can't see how getting rid of that "?hop=" or "?url=" is a bad thing.

Perfect example - in an ezine ad, after a good 500 word honest pitch, how stupid and pathetic is my "business" going to look with all that bloody "?" "hop" "=" "hello I'm an affiliate and I'm just promoting this site cos it gets me the most money per sale" crap.

Link cloaking, or better still, cloaking that keeps the domain name you've cloaked with in the address bar is a GODSEND - it looks like you own the website, perfect.

Saying that, I don't understand your statistics, why they have turnedout like that.

ABW Ambassador
    I think the ?hop= showing in the url has been blown way out of proportion. I think it
    is a good idea to use a redirect with your hoplink, to stop the adware programs from
    trying to steal your commission. But I think a lot of the link cloaking programs cause
    as many problems as they fix, and I'm not that worried about the ?hop= part showing
    in the url. A lot of the link cloaking scripts use javascript, so if your visitor doesn't
    allow javascript that will cause a problem. A lot of the current link cloaking scripts
    embed the hoplink in your webpage in an invisible way, and this is against the terms
    of Clickbank, and may possibly not work. A lot of people say they use these scripts
    to stop others from stealing their sales, but they cannot steal your sales by your
    ?hop=id showing in the address bar. They need the merchant id to steal the sale.
    The majority of merchants on Clickbank just use the standard Clickbank order link, so
    even if you cloak your hoplink, if your visitor is familiar with Clickbank and wants to
    get credit for themselves, they can get the vendor id from the order link, and that is
    all they need. If you promote products outside of the internet marketing niche, most
    people don't even know what an affiliate program is, and the ?hop= part in the address
    bar will not stop them from ordering. It is more of a problem in the internet marketing
    niche, but that niche is so saturated you can usually do much better with products
    outside of that niche.

ABW Ambassador
    Most of the link cloaking programs that get rid of the ?hop= in the address bar,
    are using the embed command or some javascript to open the hoplink in an invisible
    way to the visitor, and then redirect to the main page of the merchant. This is
    against the terms of clickbank, all hoplinks are to be targetted to a top window and
    no invisible objects, and may not work. From Clickbanks blog:
    http://clickbank.com/cblog/

To be legal, hoplinks must be targeted to the top level of a new or existing window. This rule is now enforced. For backward compatibility, hoplinks targeted to subframes or iframes are now automatically retargeted to the top level of that window, with full referral credit awarded. However, hoplinks targeted to invisible objects (like images) now give you no referral credit and in some cases will also prevent referral credit for other hoplinks on that page. If you have illegal hoplinks on your site please remove or modify them now so we don't have to contact you.

"as long as the link is targeted to the top level of a new or existing window"

what does this mean? Basically are clickbank saying the hoplink must be showing in the address bar once the sales page has loaded? I don't get it, all a cloaker would do is put a different address in the address bar, it would surely still go through the guts of the hoplink.

ABW Ambassador
    It would be best to ask Clickbank about this, but I think they want to stop people
    from using something like this in unethical ways to divert the commission from one
    affiliate to another. Having the link targetted to a top window would be the same
    as using a link like this:
    a href=http://hop.clickbank.net/?xxxxx/xxxxx target=_top

My sales have gone seriously south for the past week, and have absolutely shut down in the past 3 days. I don't remember EVER going 3 days without a sale in the year+ that I've been with CB. And it's not just CB; I've made no sales with ANY program. These are not new programs or adwords campaigns.

I've never set any worlds on fire with sales, but was doing a steady 2-5 sales/day altogether. This is SERIOUSLY freaking me out! I've checked my links; they all seem to work. I'm still getting the adwords traffic; just no sales.

Any suggestions as to what I should look at? I'm at wit's end and don't know what to do.

Thanks,
    Kay

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know, my sales have been much better than normal the past week.

My January sales were very good for me, even after the Google thing w/adwords. Just the past week have they gone south fast. Basically shut down.

As I've said, not just CB, other programs as well.

Kay

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread