Since CJ doesn't have a list of datafeeds, I think I creat one here - free or not free. I'm new to CJ so I'll edit this post as I know more. If anyone knows others then post it.

LIST:
    -----
    Laptopforless
    Northern tool

@greentea - all CJ merchants with "product links" should have a datafeed available from CJ.

It may not have much (or sometimes anything) in it, but the 2 things should go hand in hand.

Wow! thank you. I didn't know all merchants at CJ have datafeeds, then please delete this thread.

Thanks,
    John

ABW Ambassador
    They don't necessarily go hand in hand. LS has a datafeed, but all the merchants aren't on it.

Are there a few people out there that use the CJ datafeed that could help us out by posting a list of the merchants that are on it?

That's linkshare.
    At CJ if they have products listed, they have a feed.
    Doesn't mean they have a good feed. But they have a feed.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

So how do we access this 'feed'? Do we have to contact each merchant, or are you saying the feed is the product list?

here goes.

1) CJ offers a product feed service

2) The cost of this service is $250 US although this is waived if SALES exceed $10,000 in one month.
    This fee may also be waived on a case by case basis if you don't reach those numbers or so I have heard.

3) There is a product feed for EVERY merchant who offers individual product links in the CJ interface.
    If a merchant only shows 1 item in the CJ interface when doing a product search, that is all they have in the feed. If a merchant has 250,000 products listed in the product search, then all of those are in the feed.

4) There are a variety of access methods of the feeds, including FTP (push & Pull) and HTTP links.

5) Feeds can be retrieved at various schedules from daily to weekly.

6) Merchants DON'T ALWAYS UPDATE THEIR FEEDS.
    Some do daily updates, some weekly, monthly and I have talked to a couple who couldn't tell me the last time they did an update. Going by the creation date on the file I told them it had been over 6 months.

7) I have seen posted here that they are now starting new affiliates (Those who haven't used the feeds before) with a cap of 5 merchants.

8) The feeds can be quite large. You also have the option of downloading only the feeds which have updated since your last feed was generated.
    This is handy for those who dl their feeds daily or who have substantial numbers of the feeds

9) To get the feed set up use the AAQ service when you login to the CJ interface. Note that they call their feeds "Product Catalogs"

10) It can take a few days to get this setup, be patient.

That's all I can think of right now, hope that helps.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Well done Popdawg, I think that's about the definitive statement on the matter and I'm sure will be frequently referenced

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Acopule of things

1. The list of feeds does include merchants that are no longer with CJ. One I found happened to be Magazania Also, I have run across a few merchants where they definitely have more product links than what is in the feed

2. I wish there was a way to alphabetize by merchant. Unfortunately they have them listed by #

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread