Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi
    Despite DAYS and DAYS and some great help from Frank with Webmerge, I've given up on it - too many loose ends that need proper attention for users to be able to consistently use it with confidence to warrant paying for it.

Anyone else know of another program that gives the same result that they would care to recceommend?

http and a telephoto
    Yes, and they all cost a whole heck of a lot more....

Webmerge is good at what it does, follow Frank's tutorial and you should see the light dawn.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'm willing to look at the others - if they work then they are a lot cheaper than more wasted days on something that doesn't, even on basic stuff.

M

Matte,

I am currently adding capabilities to my application (www.BuyItBomb.com) that would create static HTML from a merchant datafeed.

Currently BuyItBomb automates the cumbersome process of retrieving and converting datafeeds to a search engine format. This format enables a "Web Services" type of interface.

What are some of the problems that you would like solved or features that you can't live without? I am gathering information right now but have most of the pieces in place required for this new product.

Take care,
    Bo

If you have around $600 to 1K to spend on a good program PM me. Because that’s what it costs to run a good program.

Webmerge is GREAT - when you’re poor and starting out. Not everyone can last long enough to use the other programs so please give a little credit where it’s deserved.

Kudo's Webmerge!

Deborah and Sandra,

What are some of the applications that you see as the best out there for building datafeed stores?

Thanks,
    Bo

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bo:
    Deborah and Sandra,

What are some of the applications that you see as the best out there for building datafeed stores?

Thanks,
    Bo <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Modify osCommerce shopping cart for one. It is free open source and the loaded version at http://creloaded.com has a template system and affiliate tracking that you can use to track your own advertising campaigns. It just needs to be modified to accept offsite images and the buy button needs to go to the merchant instead of it's own shopping cart.

As for the one Sandra is talking about, I use the same program. It is expensive, but worth it in the long run.

Sandra, I pm'd matte with info already, and told him to contact you too

I also use WebMerge, so there is no one thing that "does it all".

phpNuke also works with some datafeeds and some merchant programs with a bit of work also.
    Deborah Carney

Hi. Have you considered LinksSQL?

http://www.linkssql.net/?page=lsql_purchase

... with a nice compliment of my Data_Import plugin;

http://www.ultranerds.com/cgi-bin/details/52.html

One of your fellow members is using this at the moment (not sure if she would like me say her name or not).

If you would like to know more about this program, please feel free to PM me, email, or even add me to your contacts on MSN (sorry, I don't have AOL/Yahoo/ICQ).

Please note, that the price of LinksSQL is $450, and the Data_Import plugin is normally $80. If you are interested in a package deal, then I could knock it down to $500 for the both of them

BTW.. is there no preview feature on this BB?

Cheers

I hear there is some software coming out that not only will handle datafeeds and turn them into static html, but will also do many other affilite related tasks so as calculate ROI, sign guestbooks and blogs, spider pages from www and the local harddrive and a bunch of other stuff. I also hear it won't be cheap though.
    www.maxbucks.com- By affiliate marketers for affiliate marketers. High recurring commissions, in-depth tools and stats, no shaving!

http and a telephoto
    J_W, that sounds scary and a bit like something to stay away from.... the signing blogs and guest book stuff would be considered spam if you don't bother to actually go to the sites... and I would think that would get you banned from the se's pretty quickly.
    Deborah Carney

Any specific datafeeds you need to process or are you looking for something general?

I have several scripts available already and am developing others so I'm taking requests..

http and a telephoto
    MegaCGI, I only saw 3 scripts for merchants, are there more somewhere?

Also, are you working on making scripts that create static html pages or just the dynamic versions?
    Deborah Carney

Three is what I have so far, I am currently working on an overstock script.

They all make dynamic pages as static seems a bit impractical when dealing with large datafeeds although its no big deal to make static versions also if there is a need.

Loxly,

What applicaiton are you talking about.. for creating datafeed sites.. I am interested.

see post #8

their is a large learning curve.. so you might want to contact SandraR at http://www.datafeed-tutorial.com/ first as she provides the software and training to use the software for a modest fee...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

What I would like to know is the software package that SandraR and Loxyl where talking about.

Looked like LinksSQL modded to me...

it is.. their is a large learning curve... so it is better for ya to pay someone to teach you how to get the most out of it for use as the backbone of your website...

the way i look at it... I can spend days even weeks trying to figure out how to use something get very fustrated along the way or i can pay someone to take me by the hand and show me how to usethe doggone thing... I'm money ahead as I see it...

much less fustration, and I'm earning commissions much sooner...

Webmerge is a perfect example... I bought the software played with it for several weeks... never could figure out how to use it... wasted valuable time.. and $100 on something I'll never use because I couldnt figure it out...

If this happens 6 or 7 times during the year I'm out $1000's of dollars for software and $10s of 1000s of dollars worth of time (labor)...

You've got to remember I'm running a business... NOT some hobby I just do for kicks...

Hobbies dont feed or clothe ya or pay for heat in the winter...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    wasted valuable time.. and $100 on something I'll never use because I couldnt figure it out...

If this happens 6 or 7 times during the year I'm out $1000's of dollars for software and $10s of 1000s of dollars worth of time (labor)...
    Joe,

The sad part is that you can write off that $100 while filing taxes but not the '$10s of 1000s of dollars worth of time (labor)'. Wish Uncle Sam would let everyone do that.

-nishith

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by matte
    Hi
    Despite DAYS and DAYS and some great help from Frank with Webmerge, I've given up on it - too many loose ends that need proper attention for users to be able to consistently use it with confidence to warrant paying for it.
    Considering we have many hundreds of affiliates using WebMerge regularly to publish their feeds, I'm confident we could get you up and running as well as the folks on our Gallery:
    http://www.fourthworld.com/products/...e/gallery.html

Why not just give me a call and let's see what we can do to get WebMerge running as well for you as it is for everyone else: 800-288-5825.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm willing to look at the others - if they work then they are a lot cheaper than more wasted days on something that doesn't, even on basic stuff.
    I posted those same words when I first downloaded webmerge...

but as Loxly posted, a bell will go off...

and it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then it's a whole new ballgame!!

Work with a tiny feed - 25 products - and experiment

ABW Ambassador
    Check out http://www.MyDataFeedScripts.com for this. It's really easy to set up and once you set it up it runs automatically. You don't need to re-upload your pages after each feed change either. It's free for Mondera and some other programs. I give it a thumbs up.

Webmerge is a perfect example... I bought the software played with it for several weeks... never could figure out how to use it... wasted valuable time.. and $100 on something I'll never use because I couldnt figure it out...

While I am not 100% happy with the free upgrades promises that I saw when I bought WebMerge, all I can say is that WebMerge still is the best software that I have bought since I joined ABW and discovered WebMerge.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourthWorld
    Considering we have many hundreds of affiliates using WebMerge regularly to publish their feeds, I'm confident we could get you up and running as well as the folks on our Gallery:
    http://www.fourthworld.com/products/...e/gallery.html

Why not just give me a call and let's see what we can do to get WebMerge running as well for you as it is for everyone else: 800-288-5825.

Richard even have a 1-800 number there, what else can anyone ask for?

Sal.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    While I am not 100% happy with the free upgrades promises that I saw when I bought WebMerge, all I can say is that WebMerge still is the best software that I have bought since I joined ABW and discovered WebMerge.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Just to clarify, all upgrades from v1.1 through the current v2.4.1 have been free, and the upgrade to v2.5 will also be free.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

confirm that you can learn to do great things with WebMerge, after a while.
    be patient + use your imagination, and you'll be glad you did.

heisje

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast