New to LS question
    Hello,

I just joined Linkshare. I am disappointed in the lack of search functionality on the LS interface. I can't find any way to search for individual products. It only gives me the option to search for merchant by name, which is somewhat useless to me. How do all of you search for individual products to put on your sites? Also, is there anything I should know about to LS before I start loading up my sites with LS ads?

Thanks,

-A

Affiliate Manager
    Hey Arcadius how's it going?

To search for individual product links in LinkShare you have to first jump into a specific merchants Create Links section - then jump into the Individual Product Links sections - and then you are free to search. Unfortunatly there is not an option to search through all of your approved merchants for specific products (that would be a neat feature though!).

Another way to bypass searching through Individual Product links database to find a specific product is to use the LinkBuilder tool. With this tool you are able to visit a merchants site and pick and choose products - then develop your own links by pulling URL information and inputing it into this neat tool. You can find the LinkBuilder tool (for merchants who offer it) in the Individual Product section, above the search box, by clicking through the text that says: "Click here if you are an advanced user and wish to browse the following merchant's website for a particular product: [Merchant Name]"

Whew - Hopefully this is helpful information - Let me know if I got you mixed up anywhere in there

Best,
    Joey Porterfield - Plow & Hearth, HearthSong, Magic Cabin

Yes, no search function at all. I want to find merchant X which sells product Y...

Alright, thanks Joey and concorde. I guess I'll have to visit each potential merchant's store and search for particular products for my niche sites. Could be a painfully slow process. I'm guessing that this lack of search functionality would have a bad effect on small businesses on LS with little name recognition.

-A

you just have to hoe each row, one after another. and test the links afterward.

there have been a few changes in LS with more to come. we've been highly critical of them, for good reason, but this may be the turnaround year for our relationships with the LS merchants. some of them, anyway.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread