Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Cabin fever
    It's official, I have cabin fever.

What do you guys do when you're so stinking bored you can't stand yourself any more? I'm fed up with being indoors all the time and it's waaaay too cold to even go for a walk around the neighborhood.There's too much going on around here to take off on vacation to someplace warm and green, unfortunately. I don't enjoy winter sports at all, so please help me find something interesting to do...indoors.

ABW Ambassador
    Sleep, eat, watch TV/movies, sex, housework (nah), listen to music, shop online

ABW Ambassador
    Catch up with people you love (phone calls, email, letters, etc.). I always feel better after talking with a friend!

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    All of the above suggestions, as well as take up painting or a musical instrument.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Internet Cowboy
    What do you guys do when you're so stinking bored you can't stand yourself any more? I'm fed up with being indoors all the time and it's waaaay too cold to even go for a walk around the neighborhood.
    Do what everyone else does.....move to Florida

I just made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and that cheered me up some.

I think the problem is I'm sick of being indoors. When the weather's even halfway nice I try to get outside for at least a little while each day. When the weather's nice I pretty much live outside. So nothing that can be done indoors is going to cheer me up. I need sunshine, blue skies and mild temps. That'll fix me right up.

Florida? Hah! Lived there for 4.5 years and hated it with a passion. Instead of cowering indoors in the winter, in Florida you cower indoors in the summer. Not a reasonable trade-off, IMHO. I guess I'll just to sit in our sun room and pretend I'm outdoors.

ABW Ambassador
    If you have snow, grab a sled and find the biggest hill and have fun. Then tag somebody with a snowball.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I don't know if I posted this at ABW or in an email to a merchant, but...

whatever day NY had the blizzard, I was having lunch poolside at The Bellagio! (sorry!!!)

On the downside - no "normal food".

Can I have a CHEESE omelet? No.

Denver omellete? No.

Spanish omelette? No.

Just a Maine lobster omelette!

(I just ate the toast!)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    FIRST. Move your desk (or wherever you sit most) into the way of a big window, and open (or even delete) the drapes!! That gets the sun on you. Grab a blanket to stop the draft that comes with it.

Activities?? Video games, ABW, new sites, sites of a different kind than you usually do...

Outside, If you can stand to go out your car, there's always the mall, and even cruising around doesn't seem so bad once the heat has kicked in...

As for FL, I absolutely LOVE the heat...I don't think there *is* such a thing as "too hot!" So as soon as I get enough dough, and steady enough to be sure I wouldn't end up in empl*yment, I'm packin'

You could always do the snowbird thing if you really hate heat.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

go on a vacation where they have broadband net access. That's almost everywhere now.
    [url=http://www.onlinemarts.com][b]Online shopping deals Free Coupons[/b][/url]

can't spell...slow down...
    We build a big fire, roast some marshmallows for s'mores, cook up some old-school hot chocolate and snuggle... also watch the mountain sunset and mentally snow-shovel the driveway....but do not recommend watching the movie "Cabin Fever"
    I can relate!
    Kris
    Last edited by KrisKringle; January 28th, 2005 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Play with the dog Work on your sites now while it's cold so you can take off and play when it warms up.

ABW Ambassador
    You know, Leader, if you love heat, you should come visit Singapore. Here, we hide in air-con malls to get away from the heat. We went away for a winter holiday in December. When we returned to Singapore, my kid really missed the cold.
    Here, beaches and swimming pools are everywhere for those who actually like to bake in the sun, though the heat is fierce from 11 am to 3 pm every day, unless it rains. The humidity is terrible. Though if you like saunas, this island is a natural sauna.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sounds absolutely wonderful, seriously, and if I'm ever inclined for traveling overseas, I'll definitely keep Singapore in mind as a destination!

I'd rather end up hiding in an air-conditioned mall than have to seek heat, any day! Bone-chilling cold being the prevailing outside temperature is just soooo much worse than heat IMO.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

My CJ check finally arrived. Mood fix #1.

I found a winter dress coat at 60% off. Mood fix #2.

I bought anisette cookies. Mood fix #3.

I didn't get lost coming home. Mood fix #4.

Hubby vacuumed and dusted the whole house while I was out! Mood fix #5, 6, 7 and 8.

Fettucine for dinner! Mood fix #9.

start a blog about your favorite summer activities and put adsense on it. make mone ywriting about boatins and stuff.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    One good thing (actually there are many) of my "job". They "forced me" to take this past week as a paid vacation in Kona, HI. Typing this from the hotel room now after a day of snorkeling.

That cured my cabin fever pretty well.

It was odd, seeing kids out late thursday night thinking, thats okay, its summer vacation, they don't have school. DOH!

Chet

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread