Arrow PSC any good?
    What I have understood till now the PSC creates static pages of multiple products. Only advantage I can see is with one click you can create whole page of products.

Is it advisable to build a whole site around only using the different PSCs? Or it can become a headache later on to update the site? e.g. if the merchant changes the price or goes out of stock.

Any suggestion please?
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

I've used PSC (minimal success)
    I have more success creating pages manually.. its a long and tedious process but it is what works best for me.

example.
    I used a PSC to create a several sales page 6 months ago (upwards of 20 products per page) (1 sale).

I manually created about 16 pages less than 4 weeks ago (3 or 4 products per page) (4 sales).

The jury is still out and I am sure some folks can do MAGIC with PSCs, but for me 2 or 3 products per page manually created works best.

Okay, I'll ask. What is PSC?

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Product Showcase Creator - from www.affsolutions.com - Akiva
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

http and a telephoto
    You can chose the number of items to show on a page.

You can chose the types of products you want on a page.

You can chose to show prices or not.

For some of the merchants on the PSC, those pages outperform datafeed and handbuilt pages. For example, I have a Fun to Collect webmerge site, many PSC pages tucked into phpNuke sites and the datafeed in a collectibles shopping site. Which pages make money? The darn PSC pages. And now the program is closing and I have to track down the pages and replace them. Which, but the way, I just did, replacing another merchant WITH ftc. Now to go to Shareasale and use their page creator for Bill Bam stuff.

Point is, PSC, can be used very effectively to easily created targeted pages. Like any other tool, you have to know how to use it and use it differently than the other affiliates using it. Be creative. Poke around and see all the things it can do.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

A lot depends. At SAS some a$$ hole merchants have every product they have come up for any search you make. Like Sunshine Jewelry. No matter what you search for they throw every single product they have at you. Makes me so mad I could wring their necks. If I search for anklets, I have to weed through their entire product line to weed out rings, watches and everything else. Can't just find anklets. Makes me furrious with them.

On the other hand, if you are searching for something like "peridot", it works pretty well.

It would be great if merchants like the one above didn't spam it. Do they really think I am going to plop up their stupid charms when I search for anklets? Such merchants defeat the whole idea and render the tool almost useless.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Thanks everyone for the replies.

It seems that its not a very good idea to build a whole site only using the PSC. But its good to incorporate along with the datafeed or handmade pages. Did I get it right?
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Merchants are wise to jump on the PSC bandwagon as it encourages affiliates to learn ther products and selectively push only those which are geared to their page theme or visitors. Careful attention can make or break the PSC based upon the merchant flagging displays with specific keywords and using the pull down category list. Forget the entire database of 25,000 products. Mostly their duplicates, various sizes, colors etc. Tag the PSC with embedded keywords like "top seller" mens gold bracelet, kids bikes and let the affiliate know the keyword tags as they sure can eat up time with blanks and misfires. Better yet scrub the merchant feed for just the top sellers in each niche' category and watch affiliates blend these into SERP friendly pages.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread