Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Special Liaison
    Exclamation Kolimbo.com Redesigned and Updated.
    Hi,

Thought I'd let you all know that www.Kolimbo.com has been redesigned and has some improved features. The search function is now greatly improved plus we now allow affiliates to grab linking material directly from Kolimbo, plus you can create a KBZone to automatically rotate and weight banners. There is also complete transaction history reports, plus you can build your own graphed reports.

We also have some more features on the horizon which will be launched within Kolimbo over the next month or two.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions about the new site.

O'yeah - if you're using Firefox and it looks funny, refresh the page. If it still looks funny, press Shift and Refresh.

If one has set up a KB account on Kolimbo, how are more accounts/merchants added?

Fred

Special Liaison
    buy_online - simply login to Kolimbo and then go to the 'Find Programs' menu link and look for a merchant you wish to join - then click on the green 'One-click Sign Up' link to join the program. Once you have joined that program it wil automatically be added to your 'My Programs' page, which lists all the programs you have joined.

Just like a regular network.

If you (or anyone) has a MyAP account that isn't part of your Kolimbo My Programs list, just email me (ben at kolimbo.com) the merchant name, your ID and password, then I can add it to your Kolimbo account.

Hope that answers your question.

Anyone else can feel free to ask me anything, or email me about Kolimbo.com

Are you looking at making consolidate payments to affiliates?

I do like the new site.

CJ
    "Every mans life touches so many others"
    - Clarence

Special Liaison
    We are investigating it as we do realize that this is important to many affiliates. The obvious barrier we have is that all our programs are independent so we cannot 'require' merchants to participate with consolidated payments inorder to be part of the Kolimbo network....but we are looking into various methods and incentives to make this happen.

Special Liaison
    Thumbs up
    Just added a new feature.

The KBZones - rotating banners with smart weighting - can now track referred search engine terms via sub-ID's so now you will be able to tell you what search engine terms are not only resulting in hits to your site and clicks on your affiliate links, but also the commissions you are earning from each.

Special Liaison
    We just added another new feature - KBStores, a datafeed-driven product listing that you can display on any page of your site using one short piece of code. It's one line of JS code, so all you technophobes can use it!

ABW Ambassador
    FireFox 1.0 Is A Dog!

Quote Originally Posted by BenKowaBunga
    Hi,

Thought I'd let you all know that www.Kolimbo.com has been redesigned and has some improved features.

O'yeah - if you're using Firefox and it looks funny, refresh the page.
    If it still looks funny, press Shift and Refresh.
    Hi, BenKowaBunga

I just took a look at you site with the Opera 6.04 browser.
    It looks just fine.

As far as the new FireFox 1.0 browser, it is just another
    Mozilla mess. (Volunteers doing "serious" coding.)
    I've loaded up FireFox 1.0 twice now and still have not accessed
    the web with it. One more try before I delete it permanently.
    If some one has to use FireFox, use the 0.9 version if you can find it.

I did a lot of testing on my website with Opera 6.04 and FireFox 0.9;
    both did well.

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Quote Originally Posted by RadarCat

Hi, BenKowaBunga

I just took a look at you site with the Opera 6.04 browser.
    It looks just fine.

As far as the new FireFox 1.0 browser, it is just another
    Mozilla mess. (Volunteers doing "serious" coding.)
    I've loaded up FireFox 1.0 twice now and still have not accessed
    the web with it. One more try before I delete it permanently.
    If some one has to use FireFox, use the 0.9 version if you can find it.

I did a lot of testing on my website with Opera 6.04 and FireFox 0.9;
    both did well.

RadarCat, Webmaster

I just looked at the site with FireFox 1.0 and it looked fine on all the pages, although i did not log-in because i do not use this service for any of my "myaffiliate" programs
    dave

Is there any way to get EPC information within Kolimbo? I'd really like to see that.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Special Liaison
    On the Welcome page and My Programs page there is an 'EPC' column that has the EPC for every one of your merchants.

I'm looking for the overall network EPC. This helps me determine which merchants to sell for. Without this information, I don't know which merchants are selling and which merchants aren't. I think the EPC on the My Programs page only indicates the EPC I've earned with the program. I need to know the EPC before I join the program.

Thank you!
    - Scott

Special Liaison
    OK. Yeah, we don't have that at the moment.

Personally, I would not base a decision on whether I should join a program or not, solely on the Network EPC. You're relying on other affiliates to give you a heads up when they may not be as good as you or as relevant as your site.

That's a great point, but it does help. I actually found a marvelous merchant on your system today that fits my niche very well. I hope to see some conversions soon.

I think something that can improve is the means by which we collect links and products from your system. It's not easy to find promotions or links. The system doesn't seem very well laid out for gathering this sort of information.

Thank you,
    - Scott

We just added another new feature - KBStores, a datafeed-driven product listing that you can display on any page of your site using one short piece of code. It's one line of JS code, so all you technophobes can use it!
    I take it this means we don't have to learn about datafeeds . . .

Special Liaison
    No sir! Just add a line of JavaScript and you can be considered a datafeed expert. You also have access to the search terms people use on the search box, plus as it's a line of JS code there's no Google duplication issues that other datafeeds may have....also, you can mix various datafeeds together from different merchants.

O'yeah, it's all free of charge for both affiliates and merchants.

Snib - thanks for your feedback. On the 'My Link Builder' menu item, you can go to the sub-menu to 'Get Links' - then search for a specific merchant or groups of merchants and grab linking code. What should be improved here? I'm not entirely clear on how you're saying it could be more usable.

Also, feel free to use the 'Search Assistant' form to have a Kolimbo representative help you find the kind of merchants you're after by hand.

Thanks Ben,

This is pretty decent, but some information that I'd like to see is the EPC for each ad so I can tell what ads are more or less effective. I also don't see any promotional links for things like free shipping, 10% off, sales, etc. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place though. Or maybe my merchants don't have these types of promotions. A search box would be helpful for finding these types of promotions.

- Scott

Special Liaison
    Yeah, it's up to the merchants to put together specific linking material for sales, shipping, offers, etc. At the top of the 'Find Programs' page you'll s ee a link for 'Newest Marketing Material' - this shows you what has recently been added and updated.

The banners on a KBZone are autoweighted so the best performing ones are shown more often. You'll have to experiment with individual banners, again, it really depends on who and how many are showing a particular banner to get an EPC - if I put a MyAP banner on my Cat site, then I'm going to diminish the EPC. If I'm a genius affiliate with excellent targetted visitors, then you're going to think this banner is great, when in reality, for you it's not. You could try asking the merchants which ones have performed well.

To Ben
    Ben I was just going through your site and like the simplicity of your site,but I also noticed a tiny typo error at the "Existing MyAP Affiliates " page , the fourth line ....and you simply check off the programs "you?d" like to manage......maybe that should be corrected soon. Great site.

Special Liaison
    Done - thanks.

consolidated payments is best

if not ,

identify merchants who support payment via

MoneyBookers.com or Paypal

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    From an affiliates perspective consolidated payments are a good thing however I have to look at this from both a merchant and affiliate viewpoint.

I'm planning hopefully towards the end of the year to sign up an indie program. I would not be pleased if I was compelled to set or comply with a mandatory validation period as this is totally impractical in certain sectors of commerce due to protracted payments.

The system as it stands enables a merchant to set their own validation period and also to set manual validation. Seeing that validations can take anything up to 90 days (the average is 30 or so) and currency transfers take up to 28 days for the banks to process internationally, auto validation is a real pain.

Affiliates hate long validations but sometimes in certain sectors there is really no choice.

ABW Ambassador

Let me know if you have any problems or questions about the new site.

Hi, BenKowaBunga,

Any chance of redesigning your web pages so we don't have to scroll right all the time?

Even at 1024x768 I have to scroll right.

This is very awkward to read and I think that it tends to drive al least some people from your site.

I think that most people tend to program for 800x600 using percentage widths rather than fixed widths.

Best,
    RadarCat, WebMaster

It is not easy to locate the merchant position on this page,
    because the merchant name is inside a box,
    cannot use browser webpage search function to locate a merchant quick when the list is very long

http://www.kolimbo.com/all_merchants.asp

Special Liaison
    RadarCat - I've just double checked 1024 and 1154 on both IE and FF and there is no right scrolling required on either. The original Kolimbo was designed for 800 browsers but then, after a few months, we discovered that hardly anyone with 800 visited the site. We also wanted to add more features like Graphs which would not fit in the old design, so we designed the new site for 1024 browsers.

I'm not sure why you are having to scroll right - what setup do you have? Does anyone else have to scroll right at all?

Vrindavan - on the 'My Programs' page you can sort merchants by 'Program Name' to get an alphabetical list of your merchants, this should help you find them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast