Adsense Dollars Dropoff?
    Just curious...anyone else take a hit on Adsense income the last few days? I've seen my Adsense income drop a solid 25-30% beginning on Monday of this week.

Of course, it could be anything. Lower bids. Less appealing ads.

But I was just wondering if this seems to be happening to anyone else...or if anyone has heard any rumblings about it from others.

Thanks!

c-
    <p align="left"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><font color="#930000"><b>CHUCK BROWN</b></font>: <a href="http://TornBread.com" target="_blank">Torn Bread Network</a></font></p>

Nope, no problems here. I've had that happen from time to time, but things always recovered shortly thereafter. Good luck to you.

I have seen it across 2 sites and I think it has to do with less competion since only the merchants can bid on his stores url. Not 100 % sure though
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I think nyfalcon has the right answer. I think there is less competition because of the new rules.

Definitely been seing a drop-off the past week. My daily traffic and clicks have been about the same, but the value of each click seems way down. I was getting ready to change the way I use AdSense anyway, so this just nudged me in that direction.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I also agree with nyfalcon. My Adsense revenues dropped about 50% right after the new rules kicked in on January 13th.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Thanks guys. I'm afraid I haven't found any other great affiliate stuff so far...so I'm pretty Adsense dependent. Gets a little scary when the numbers change. I guess I'll just count myself lucky that I didn't get hit as fast after the rules change!

thx,
    c-
    <p align="left"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><font color="#930000"><b>CHUCK BROWN</b></font>: <a href="http://TornBread.com" target="_blank">Torn Bread Network</a></font></p>

This post seems to contradict the post listed below,

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=54032

Action Jackson - King of the World
    My adsense click through rate has been horrible all month

off the topic for a second:
    You know sometimes we are just as dense thinking when we can beat the system instead of joining the system and making money. Actually if you read the google rules and placement suggestions you will see the best place to put your adsense and what colors to use.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

my ctr and impressions are low because I removed a lot of adsense banners on my site and lowered its priority but the amount of $$$$ being made is a lot higher then what it was when the priority in the roation was higher and I was getting a lot of clicks and impressions

After I dropped some Google adsense links that were not getting many hits, the remaining links seemed to start earning more money per hit.
    Hmmm. Very Interesting. Thanks for that insight.

AdSense looks good here. It's been very consistent for the past 3 or 4 months. Even though my traffic is lower than it was in October, November and December, AdSense is reporting the same if not more impressions. Strange..

ABW Ambassador
    Also remember under the Google agreement they can switch what percentage they take and you get at any time and you never know exactly what percentage you are getting, only Google does. So sometimes when you see fluctuation it can many things, some mentioned in this thread, it can also be Google just changing who gets what at anytime.

I would love to hear success stories using a similiar service. There is no need to have google on all my sites.

Googles affiliate program sucks! What other company has an affiliate program that doesn't state what the commission is and gets away with it.

I admitt when google first started the adsence program, i was excited and added them to most of my sites. The checks were nice, but after thinking about it. Why would i trade a sale for a click when i don't know what the click pays and on most of my sites the sale will always pay way more than the best click price.

I think if any other program told us they were changing over to a blind commission structure we would be quiting and complaining all over the internet about that company. they would be a joke!

I no longer actively promote adsence althou i do have mabe 5 or 10 pages i haven't had time to remove them.
    dave

Kapsat is right, of course. Google's way of doing business is pretty much a joke, but beggars can't be choosers. One day we will look back and say, "Why did we ever ...?" Well, because we were beggars. But that day will change. Would like to see places like Yahoo and MSN come in and really try to compete with adsense. A little non "you'll take what we give you, and like it, so shut up" attitude would switch some people right away. Actually giving a little more than Google (which would be easy to do as they make out like bandits on this deal) would switch the others. What will Google say then? "Ha-ha-ha, my little friend. It was all just a joke. Come on back. We're ready to be honest with you. It was just a joke. Don't take it so personally."

Some big, dumb company is going to come along one day and figure out that transparency actually wins respect. I use adsense, but I don't really have any respect for Google. Waiting for a true alternative, and then I'm out the door. Until then, I'm simply a beggar. Or even a whore, you might say. Ok, guilty, as charged.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    What ppc could one possibly use other than google adsense? I am talking small traffic sites now (<500 visits per day).

As for adsense variability, this will happen. To see what works for you and what doesn't, create different channels for each type of site/ad and track your results as you try different things.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Pros vs. Cons
    >> Googles affiliate program sucks! What other company has an affiliate
    >> program that doesn't state what the commission is and gets away with it.

I agree that competition will make for better options. Better payouts and some transparency. And, saying it sucks may be fair when comparing it with your success level in other programs. But, for me...after years of failing with CJ merchants, etc...it's been a godsend.

I do want to believe there are better ways...I hear what all of you are saying as I read these posts about how much better it is to rack up sales for merchants and get paid well. But, my experience has been that people love my sites, but generally don't buy from my links. I have tried an awful lot of things...a lot of different ways. But there have been few bright spots.

Adsense has made my life easier, and made me a lot of money.

Things will have to get better if other significant players get in the game...but I'm very grateful it's there for the time being while I investigate and test other options.

Nevermind

My earnings dropped by almost a half around Jan 13. Easy come, easy go.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

I've also noticed that I get better pay per click if I give fewer impressions to Adsense. Still, the pay is a joke and I've pretty much removed Adsense from my site. Can't say that I admire Google's approach to owners of smaller websites. Tell us what we're being paid and pay everyone the same percentage. Anything else is "being evil."

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread