Former Overture Executive Appointed To 180Solutions Board of Directors
    YIKES!!!!!

Monday, January 24, 2005

FORMER OVERTURE EXECUTIVE APPOINTED TO 180SOLUTIONS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
    Jay Gallinatti Brings More Than 20 Years of Expertise in Leading Emerging Companies and Helped Pioneer Internet Search Marketing

BELLEVUE, Wash.—January 24, 2005—180solutions, a provider of Internet search marketing solutions, today announced the appointment of Jay Gallinatti to the company’s board of directors. Gallinatti joins the company after four years as a founding executive and senior vice-president at Overture Services, Inc., where he helped lead the company who pioneered sponsored listings, and was later acquired for $1.6 billion by Yahoo! in 2003.

As a member of the board, Gallinatti will provide executive counsel and help drive 180solutions’ leadership in the online advertising market. During his tenure at Overture Services, Gallinatti oversaw advertiser sales and marketing, sales operations, customer service, and product management. Prior to Overture, Gallinatti held executive sales and marketing positions at high growth computer software companies, including Lotus Development Corporation.

“I see in 180solutions the same spirit, ingenuity and massive potential that propelled Overture to where it is today,” Gallinatti said. “The company’s approach is establishing a standard for best practices within the industry and creating value for Web publishers, advertisers, and consumers. I have enormously high expectations for this company and believe 180solutions is positioned for profound growth and continued success.”

“Jay’s executive management experience at Overture and deep understanding of the contextual marketing industry is a strategic asset to our board,” said Keith Smith, co-founder and CEO of 180solutions. “Jay played a leading role in transforming an idea into a high growth and profitable business, and along with his team, created a category that forever changed the way businesses connect with consumers online. He will be an influential member of our team and provide valuable guidance for the company’s future.”

About 180solutions, Inc.
    180solutions, Inc., headquartered in Bellevue, WA, is a leader in online search marketing services. The company delivers highly relevant offers and information to consumers engaged exclusively in search-related shopping activities. For more information, visit www.180solutions.com.

Ashley Wolfe
    Barokas Public Relations
    206-264-8220
    ashley@barokas.com

http://www.internetretailer.com/pres...l.asp?id=13924

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Thumbs down
    No surprise, those Oversure jerks never have liked affiliates! That's probably the guy who told the Over "editorial" department to "just make up any ol' reason--it doesn't have to be relevant to the page or make any sense--but deny every affiliate listing you can!"
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    “I see in 180solutions the same spirit, ingenuity and massive potential that propelled Overture to where it is today,” Gallinatti said. “The company’s approach is establishing a standard for best practices within the industry and creating value for Web publishers, advertisers, and consumers...."

Yeah, riigghhtt......
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

I see in 180solutions the same spirit, ingenuity and massive potential that propelled Overture to where it is today
    What, from market leader to a poor number two to Google? At least Overture doesn't face the sorts of lawsuits that 180Solutions is going to get hit by. Had to clean a drive-by install again just last week. uke:
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    You get drive-by downloads with Firefox? I never get any drive-by downloads
    with my IE, but I make sure to never allow ActiveX. I haven't had one drive-by
    since I stopped allowing ActiveX.

Heheh.. no it wasn't my machine with the drive-by download, it was my bosses in my Real Life work!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    OK, thanks for clearing that up. I've been wondering if Firefox would be susceptible to
    drive-by downloads or not.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread