Talking Best Worst Month!
    So it's been exactly one year and one month since I started affiliate marketing, and I'm more than pleased with the results. First off I'm happy to report that Jan 2005 is my best worst month to date. Every time Google changes their algorithm I have a bad month and this was it. Best part is I earned substantially more this month than the last time Google made an algorithm change back in August. As long as my bad months improve, all the good months are just icing on the cake.

Anyway, since I started doing this last December I've successfully quit my full time programming job and become independent. Right now I'm travelling the world from my laptop and have all the time in the world to work on my sites. I'm truely living out my dream. I'd like to thank everybody here on ABW for giving me a dream and helping me see it through.

Here's to our continued success!

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    Wow - I'm impressed! Your story is an inspiration - thanks! It must be extremely helpful to have a programming background. Right now, I really need help in that area.

I love posts like this!!

It gives me hope. I started last april and was at it for a couple of months but then had to drop it for about 5 months--it was killing me not to have access to the web. I've been back online for about 2 months now and cranking away. Although I make a pittance it is still enough to keep me going and I can see improvements in traffic weekly... and sales also.

(my husband is giving me the evil eye for being on the computer on a Sunday right now--he'll see ;-))

WTG Scott!!!

Congrats Scott on your achievements! Grest inspiration! Thanks for sharing.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

That's very encouraging, Scott! And my experience, generally, has been similar. I love hearing stories of those who have achieved more than I...as well as encouraging others who haven't gotten as far. I sent a recent ABW "brag" thread to a number of friends who were all challenged and encouraged by it. It definitely helps!
    <p align="left"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><font color="#930000"><b>CHUCK BROWN</b></font>: <a href="http://TornBread.com" target="_blank">Torn Bread Network</a></font></p>

Thanks for the inspiring words, Scott! I've been kind of half-heartedly farting around with various aspects of AM, PPC roulette, etc. for longer than I want to admit without making more than lunch money once in a while. In December I decided to get off my asterisk and take it seriously as a second income source to fall back on if my consulting income dries up again. I was pleasantly suprised to make more in December than I'd ever done in any 12-month period before. I'm passing that mark again this month, easily. Hearing stories like yours, and reading all the experiences here has given me the motivation to set loftier goals to shoot for!
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

This must be great for you. It would be wonderfull to travel the world, seeing all places of the world and working on my laptop. Great great great keep it on!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've successfully quit my full time programming job
    Congratulations! Welcome to the REAL, "real world!" Ain't freedom great?

There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    "I've successfully quit my full time programming job"

Well THAt explains all those posts on our does email work thread!!

That's great Scott!

Part 2 of aff success is:

Figure out what worked - and didn't work - for you last year... and concentrate (and expand) on what did work.

Smile
    Thank you everybody for your praise! I love to see posts like this and I wouldn't have pushed my business in this direction unless I started reading ABW last year. This is surely an opportunity, but it does take patience and skill. I wish all of you the best of luck. I hope to be able to report bigger and better things in the future. My goals for this year are to become published in a newspaper article or two, earn some more exclusive affiliate awards and bonuses, visit Disneyland Tokyo and the upcoming Disneyland Hong Kong and double or triple my past salary

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats! This sure beats a programming job.. or any other job where you still have to face morons daily, anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib

Anyway, since I started doing this last December I've successfully quit my full time programming job and become independent. Right now I'm travelling the world from my laptop and have all the time in the world to work on my sites. I'm truely living out my dream.
    - Scott
    I hope i can say the same thing in a year. I started with AM on december 2004 . Looks like i am a year behind you
    <a href="http://www.freemobilefun.net">Free cell phone wallpapers</a>
    <a href="http://www.allmyringtones.com">Cell phone ringtones</a>

Talking
    aw sufferin suckatash... (that's just the jeolous part of me)

Glad to hear it.. honestly.

I have had my main site for almost 5 years now, I dabbled in AM for 4 1/2 years with a few links here and there. My main focus was my site and not AM.

After finding ABW (some time last year) I started working AM into my site, I strarted adding tons of pages and products that fit my site theme. I don't expect to quit my day job anytime soo but I can say that I am currently earning just over 1k per month in AM. So it can be done and if I can do it as LAZY as I am, anyone can!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread