Dear Sharper Image, You're Late...Again
    Pay us. Now.

That is all.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    AAnnAArchy,

You're getting a check?? Must be nice!

Each and every one... all of them... 100% - of my December SI sales were "Return Days Exceeded" - you get squat!

At least I know that IF I made a valid/timely sale, I still wouldn't see it!!

Actually, I just rec'd one of those generic "SI has changed one or more terms" emails, and came here to see what it was (quicker then logging into linkshare)

Maybe they reduced their cookies even more... so they won't have to pay you in the future!

15 years and counting
    With .958 as return day(s) it's not difficult to get "Return Days Exceeded"

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I knew they had return days that said:

Customer must buy right away. If customer stalls to go pee pee, then I lost the sale...

But it wasn't until the 100% - NONE - happened that I decided they needed to be removed.

This falls under the category of "It's a shame".

I - and many other affiliates - could send a lot of customers to SI - but they bend over backwards to make it impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    With .958 as return day(s) it's not difficult to get "Return Days Exceeded"
    I had never had a single "Return Days Exceeded" until November, after years of selling their products. I don't know if suddenly their tracking started to work or if they started something new and special for us.

I'd replace them with Hammacher Schlemmer, but they take forever to ship anything and give credit for the sale.

Sharper Image Now Has 7 Return Days
    Sharper Image just added a new 'Program Level' that has 7 return days.

15 years and counting
    What a bunch of idiots!
    First, you have a stupid email telling us Sharper Image changed their terms with no other information. Are they leaving LS, sr@wing their affiliates? You don't know what are they changing. Just a useless email.

Then you have to go to your Program Controls:
    You have two choices.
    Tiered Baseline (10716) 14.5 | 10%-14% commission on all goods

New Baseline 128.1 | 0%-14% commission on all goods
    [ on selected goods ]

I don't see the benefit to select the offer 128.1. What a deal to be paid 0% on selected goods. Nothing to let us know about the Return Day(s).

To know about the return days you have to select Consolidated Merchant Information.
    I can see I've no return day for Sharper Image.

Miracle, we have that new SynergyAnalytics built especially for us affiliates to improve our performance.
    Sure enough, the Offer Management Analysis have Dur. Days but no Comm. Rate. And, if you change the offer level in your Program Controls it doesn't update. An other worthless report.

OK, after, clicking all the options, finally I was able to get my 7 return days and maybe 0% comm.

I just want to know how a company like LinkShare can be so clueless about usability. They can tell the media all day long how good they are (in their opinion) but they are unable to do anything to help us.
    What a waste of time!

Aw, crud, I lost a whole post.

To sum it up. With the 7 Return Days, you don't get credit for iPods or gift certificates. Well, I've never sold a g/c anyway, so how about we make it ONE program, with 7 Return Days, you don't pay for g/c and then you'll make up the amount to pay people for the iPods? Or, how about you just keep making that interest on the money you're not paying us and there's just one program, with 7 Return Days, that doesn't exclude ANYTHING?

Does Linkshare even bother to send out letters to merchants when they're not paying? You know, like, "Hey, Sharper Image, you haven't paid. You have X number of days to pay or you are in danger of being dropped from our program. We want our affiliates to feel good about promoting our merchants and your inconsistent payments don't help. So, pay up"? Maybe they should try that exact wording.

Wink Ohhh L/S has gotten SI's payment for Nov & Dec
    Just checked Merchant's Payment History --
    Linkshare posted they have received November's & December's
    payment.

Yeah! Finally!

A little birdie must have whispered in their ear.

Wonder how long it will take L/S to send our checks?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Cherping at Sharper Image's AM has the same effect as farting into the business end of an Ionic Breeze tower. Net effect is, regardless of noise level, the stench never gets through to those who'd give a damn.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Cherping at Sharper Image's AM has the same effect as farting into the business end of an Ionic Breeze tower. Net effect is, regardless of noise level, the stench never gets through to those who'd give a damn.
    That's not true. Before Natalie, Byron was very receptive to emails and making things right. Anyway, I may have been the little birdie who whispered (loudly). I heard back from Natalie this morning and she said that they'd already paid LinkShare. So, considering that the payment report was updated so quickly, my money is on Sharper Image telling the truth and LinkShare holding back the money...again.

No matter how it happened though, I want to thank Natalie for answering my email and making something happen.

I really wish Sharper Image would leave LinkShare, so I could just dump LS once and for all.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the heads up about the new Program level - I'll check it out.

Dear LinkShare,

Sharper Image has paid, and it appears that you were late in applying their payments, so could you manage to send the checks out in a reasonable time-frame? It's already been four business days (plus however long you were sitting on the payments), so pay us already for Nov/Dec.

Yeah! November's SI Check has been mailed today.

Wonder how long December's will take?

And odd, isn't it, that they'd go out on different days, when they were supposedly received on the same day?

I received my November check today and they paid me "ten hundred dollars". WTF? Does someone at LinkShare not know that ten hundred dollars is a "thousand dollars"? It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Scratch that. It said "Ten-hundred zero" Even worse than I remembered.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Ten-hundred zero"
    That looks like a funny way to say $0! (ten-hundred zeroes still = zero) Hope your bank doesn't see it that way...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Luckily, the actual numbers were correct. I hope December's check comes today -- the numbers aren't even, so I'm curious how it'll be written.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread