Bit Wise Publishing
    I have a new application in our program, that sounds suspiciously like Parasiteware, but I can't find any reference to them in the forums.

I know that not all toolbars are bad, but better safe than sorry.

Here's the "Incentive Description"... feedback please, before I approve / decline:

My247eShop.com distributes the eShopper Search Bar Search Software.

Our search assistant software does not interrupt normal navigation such as typing a domain name in the address bar of the browser, or searching on a search page, but instead, it enhances search by correcting misspellings, analyzing and returning relevant responses when a domain is misspelled or a broken link is clicked.

With our parsing technology, we can find relevant words within misspelled domain names or broken links and return a very relevant response page to the user.

All of our technologies are non-interruptive and do not adversely affect the end user's search experience, but rather enhances the speed and accuracy of their search. Resulting pages are a rich blend of highly relevant search results based both on pay-per-click technology and open directory class searches utilizing multiple search engines for extensive reach.

I don't know, but I Like your style
    Paul, I don't know about My247eShop, but I like your style. If you are that conscientious about running a clean program, I want to know what it is, so I can go build a site for it.

From My247eShop EULA:

By accepting to download the My247eShopper Address Bar Search Software you are also accepting that My247eShopper may also deliver to you relevant contextual advertising in the form of advertisements based on URLs and/or search terms you enter when navigating the Internet. The technology used to do this anonymously identifies the URLs associated with the Web pages viewed with no information being transferred to any servers and with all files residing on the client's computer. Often, such ads and informational messages will be published to computer screens on behalf of those who are competitors of the Web pages users may be viewing, or may have recently viewed. We do not transmit or collect your browsing activity or personal information and do not receive nor store any information that records your browsing behavior. We do not build profiles of our users or attempt to correlate demographic or personal information.
    Sounds pretty close to a parasite to me. Surfer clicks on an affiliate's link to a merchant. My247eShop throws up a competitor's ad or "informational message" based on the URL of the link. I haven't tested it yet though.
    So please tell me what programs you manage.
    ray

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Smells like a contextual popup Ad Pigglet with the usual cheap perfume hiding the odor.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Smells like a contextual popup Ad Pigglet with the usual cheap perfume hiding the odor.
    ROFL Mike, from where do you bring all those words to make your sentences.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

I guess if it smells like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

I've declined their application. Thanks for the input.

Paul

P.S. - Hi Ray. I guess my signature isn't working properly, so here's the details on our program: https://signup.cj.com/member/branded...chantid=823267

If you decide to join, drop me a line through the CJ interface so that I can make sure I add you to the ABestWeb Gold Circle club (better commissions).

Paul

Outsourced Program Manager Patrick - AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi There,

I've also received an application from them today for EverythingHome.com (CJ). Anyone any further info on them?

Cheers.
    Patrick

Thumbs down
    http://www.scenicreflections.com/terms.htm

"BY INSTALLING ANY SCENIC REFLECTIONS SCREENSAVER OR WALLPAPER, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALSO INSTALL THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS AND AGREE TO THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SHOWN BELOW: a) MySearch Toolbar (Mandatory Install) b) eShopper (Mandatory Install) c) WhenU SaveNow! (Optional Install - Terms Shown During Install Process) See below for further terms and conditions.

MY SEARCH BAR SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE TERMS

BY CLICKING ON THE "YES" BUTTON FOR PURPOSES OF INITIATING THE INSTALLATOIN THE MY SEARCH TOOLBAR SOFTWARE PRODUCT (THE "APPLICATION") & DOWNLOADING & INSTALLING THE APPLICATION, YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE LICENSE TERMS & CONDITIONS:

Another cluster bomb Adware bundler, putting an Ad enima tube up your butt for the nifty Kwell screensaver. Have I heard that somewhere before? This one requires you be 18. Must push you some popups visually proving your penis can get bigger by swollowing these pills.....

Terms of Use
    WeatherBug End User License Agreement | My Search Toolbar End User License Agreement | Bill of Rights

AWS Convergence Technologies, Inc.

MY SEARCH BAR SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
    BY CLICKING ON THE "SUBMIT", "DOWNLOAD", "I ACCEPT" OR SUCH SIMILAR BUTTON OR LINK AS MAY BE DESIGNATED FOR PURPOSES OF INITIATING THE DOWNLOAD OF THE MY SEARCH TOOLBAR SOFTWARE PRODUCT (THE "APPLICATION") AND DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THE APPLICATION, YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE LICENSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

1. License Grant

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Bulldog Holdings, Inc., d/b/a My Search ("My Search") grants you a non-exclusive, revocable, limited license, to (a) download and install the most current versions of the Application and (b) use the Application(s) you download and install for your personal, non-commercial purposes...... Talk about a EULA for WeatherBug & MysearchBar....

http://www.weatherbugenterprise.com/e_termsOfUse.html

"YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL MY SEARCH, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES OR THEIR EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, MERCHANT PARTNERS, ADVERTISERS, DIRECTORS OR AGENTS (EACH A "PROTECTED PARTY, COLLECTIVELY "PROTECTED PARTIES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR OTHER RELIEF ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, THIS AGREEMENT OR TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY OR ALL OF THE APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MY SEARCH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS, FOR ANY REASON, HELD TO BE INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, THEN MY SEARCH’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, FOR ANY REASON AND FOR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION AND ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF DAMAGES ACTUALLY INCURRED OR THE AVERAGE REVENUE RECEIVED BY MY SEARCH PER USER OF MY SEARCH SOFTWARE PRODUCTS PER MONTH AS CALCULATED BY MY SEARCH BASED ON THE USE OF SUCH PRODUCTS (AND NOT OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY MY SEARCH) MULTIPLIED BY THE NUMBER OF COMPLETE MONTHS YOU HAVE BEEN AN APPLICATION USER THE PROTECTED PARTIES ASSUME NO LIABILITY HEREUNDER FOR, AND SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO DEFEND YOU OR TO PAY COSTS, DAMAGES OR ATTORNEYS’ FEES FOR, ANY CLAIM BASED UPON: (I) ANY METHOD OR PROCESS IN WHICH OUR APPLICATION MAY BE USED BY YOU; (II) ANY RESULTS OF USING OUR APPLICATION; (III) ANY USE OF OTHER THAN A CURRENT UNALTERED RELEASE OF ONE OF OUR APPLICATIONS; OR (IV) THE COMBINATION, OPERATION OR USE OF ANY OF OUR APPLICATION(S) WITH THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS OR DATA.

Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the extent permitted by law. if YOU ARE a COMPANY DOING BUSINESS IN CALIFORNIA, YOU HEREBY waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."

Might I recommend those not tuned into hidden BHO bundling download a nifty screensaver and the all important weatherbug application. Forgo reading the EULA ..eveyone else does. Just jump into the fun of brought to you by the screen saver and weather report to see this contextual outfit in operation.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Sneaky Weaseleze

My eyes just lose it when I have to read all capitalized letters.

Probably why these scumware perps put their SNEAKY WEASELEZE in caps.

Best,
    RadarCat, WebMaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarCat

My eyes just lose it when I have to read all capitalized letters.

Probably why these scumware perps put their SNEAKY WEASELEZE in caps.

Best,
    RadarCat, WebMaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com
    Weazeleze sounds like a Adwhore lubricant. Do they have an affiliate program?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread