AdSense Revealed (Percentage that is)
    "Ad revenue from Google's sites was $530 million, up 118 percent. Ad revenue from the network of other sites was $490 million, up 92 percent, but Google paid $378 million of that revenue to the owners of the sites.

Payments to other sites, however, are declining as a percentage of network ad revenue. Google paid 77 percent of its network revenue to other sites in the most recent quarter, compared with 85 percent a year ago. That comes despite sharp competition from Yahoo, which is also bidding to sell ads for other sites."

NY Times article:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/02/te.../02google.html

Minimum Adwords bid is 5 cents.

Some clicks pay us 2 cents.

That is less than 77% of 5 cents.

I purport that Adsense pays 20% of click revenue to publishers.

Many of my clicks are in the 30 cents per click range.

Interesting.. Never would have imagined they'd pay so much. I'm sure on average they pay what was mentioned here. Maybe they don't pay much on the cheap clicks. I think they have to pay 77% just to stay competitive. I bet their investors want to bring this down even more as was indicated here from 85% a year ago. They just have to be careful they don't bring it down too much or they'll lose affiliates.

Are investors really all that knowledgeable about the ins and outs of how a corporation gains it's revenue?

I figured they monitored what the stocks were doing(going up and down), or their broker would monitor it... but overall, I figured they wouldn't have too much say in the click percentage part of their biz model.

Am I wrong here? I'm really not much of a stock kind of guy... lol, sadly...
    M.M. "Trey" Hocker III
    Build a Home Bar

we are just beginning to see what some companies will pay in various cpc situations. it makes cpa look sick.

I wouldn't assume that everyone gets the same percent. Big name sites that put up AdSense probably get more.

The number I've heard thrown around for normal sites is 60-70%. That seems pretty reasonable and likely, since the lowest clicks most people see are $0.03.

Keep in mind that several months ago they implemented auto-discounting logic that will lower the CPC rates for the content network (i.e. AdSense) based on performance, so some people may get less but it's because the advertiser is paying less too.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I wouldn't assume that everyone gets the same percent. Big name sites that put up AdSense probably get more.
    So very true, imho. And likely why they bar everyone from discussing specifics...

Keep in mind that several months ago they implemented auto-discounting logic that will lower the CPC rates for the content network (i.e. AdSense) based on performance, so some people may get less but it's because the advertiser is paying less too.
    That makes sense. I haven't seen a click over... well, it was a lot... for a while now. Still get some good ones, but it does seem a few sites have declined. We'll have to see what we can do about performance.

It seems odd though for them to make a distinction on the publisher, but not the advertiser side. I've had words pulled from AdWords (top converting words) that did poor in search, but wonderful in content. With AdWords it's all about search performance.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

+ Reply to Thread