Smile MSN v. Google - Uk Daily Telegraph does some test
    Interesting article in todays UK Daily Telegraph.

They decided to ignore the Microsoft boast about
    MSN Search's boast that it "aims to have an answer to every query",
    [ can't think why ;-) ]
    and instead they ran some queries of their own including
    "How much does Bill Gates earn?"

Looks like MSN still has a way to go.

article is at
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...02/ixhome.html

(The print version of the newpaper included more test searches than the online article, but I am sure you can all get the drift)

Les

15 years and counting
    I did only one test after reading http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...02/ixhome.html
    How much does Bill Gates earn?
    MSN seemed a shy about this. Its suggested links included PC Advisor and a Bill Gates horoscope - neither of which provided figures. Google's first suggestion was the Bill Gates Net Worth page and an estimate of $29.5 billion.

If you check by yourself at
    http://beta.search.msn.com/ for How much does Bill Gates earn?
    The first answer from msn.beta is
    http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html

How much is Bill worth right now?
    We obviously do not have a full reckoning of everything Bill owns. But, according to the Yahoo! Insider Trades site, Bill has 1,077,499,336 shares of MSFT.
    This figure reflects all trades made through Nov 30, 2004, which is the most recent trade. (Thanks to Jeff Call for the pointer!)

As of 13:50 on 12/06/04 , Microsoft was selling for $27.38 . Some simple multiplication tells us that he owns $29,501,931,819.68 worth of Microsoft stock. (That's $29.5 Billion.)
    Just do your own testing and forget what others are saying

I just can't get my mind round that sort of number.

I was part of a mbo for the software arm of a UK company in 1990 and I thought we either get very rich by 2000 or be very poor by 1991.

In fact the company just slowly drifted due to the CEO's inability to grow the company.

So I have to have a sneaky admiration for Bill Gates for achieveing what he has, although I hate the way Microsoft tries to pretend it understand things like security issues, when it blatently usually doesn't until something goes wrong.

Les

15 years and counting
    When I'm looking at these numbers, I'm thinking of how dumb I am.
    I wrote my own OS before Bill did (and CPM) and I was not impressed by his first version of MS DOS. I had the opportunity to buy dirt cheap MS shares and I said no.
    It seems like I'm redoing the same mistakes with Affiliate Marketing, I was a pioneer, made a lot of money but I'm going nowhere. I'm not sure there's a future for honest affiliates.

Sidebar: As for Bill gates net worth, maybe this can shed some light on things. He recently donated 2% of his net worth to the South Asia Tsunami Relieff Fund. 2% of Bill = $750 Million. If I counted the zeros correctly, he is worth $37.5 Billion.

As per Forbes List of 2004 BG's worht is $46.6 Bil. And I have heard till now he has donated about $28 Bil. otherwise his total worth would have been $75 Bil.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

I see Bill makes about $4 million a day. I also heard somewhere he gets about 4 million emails a day. Has Bill got the system rigged so that he gets a buck every time he gets a piece of spam? If so, he truly is a genius.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread