What is this B.S this is way to FUNNY!!!.. oh pleaseee. stopp .. LOL
    I had the funniest email sent to me today from METAREWARDS

well lets back up a bit.. i was emailed well kind of spammed really by them as they got my email from totally unrelated site..

anyway.. they said did they want me to sign up and promote there merchants

metareward.com

So i checked out the site.. thought um alrighty i will join up and look around and see which merchants are desperate for affiliates..

anyway i get a email back today saying.. Here are the forms fill them out and by the way

"FEES: MetaReward will charge a service fee of $50 for every Publisher account that does not produce at least $500 in revenue to the Partner monthly, to be deducted from partner’s check. This service charge will go into effect 60 days after Co-Branded MetaReward Pages are delivered to the Partner. If total amount due to the Partner does not exceed $50, then the amount due the partner for that calendar month will be $0. (No overage of the $50 will be billed to the Partner. For example, if the Partner earns only $20 in a calendar month, the Partner will not be billed by MetaReward for $30.)"

I nearly fell of my Chair Laughing ... .. I was like.. Ok let me get this Straight.. There are merchants who want people to promote their products and services BEFORE they pay you.. ( gotcha, im cool with that) But.. then Metarewards.. thinks UM how can we suck money from affiliates I KNow.. lets make them think WE ARE DOING THEM A FAVOUR by allowing them to have the priviledge of promoting our clients LOL... we will do this.. Lets charge them $50 of their hard earned money when they dont get at least $500 a month

Well i sent a nice email back telling them to contact me when they wake up and smell the coffe and realize im doing them a favour.. THEY SHOULD BE BENDING OVER BACKWARDS, and OVERJOYED to feel that i would even spare 1 minute of my time to consider any of their clients...

I tell you at Cj.com Merchants come up.. welknown ones litterlly eager to have you promote them.. and they will go all out and crack deals with you and even give you free stuff as they understand the value of an affiliate..

when will Metarewards learn that..!! well maybe they wont.. but at least they got a piece of my mind today in a email!

LIKE JOHN STOSELL SAYS......... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Perhaps this belongs in the "Daily Chuckle".

Wow, I could just see my earnings:
    January: You made $40 but ahh to bad, not enough - you get nothing!
    February: Only $20 - oh well, at least you don't owe us $30
    March: You made nothing! Oh, that is very bad!
    April: $52. Hey, you make a net $2! Go out to dinner (at MacD's)
    May: What you dropped us?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Just Lurking
    At least, they're right up front with how they'll be screwing you.
    Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!

ABW Ambassador
    At least they didn't ask you to grab your ankles too.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The cheapskate bastards of the credit industry.....

MetaReward is a leading developer of tools and technologies that enable Web publishers to increase revenue and customer retention through the use of performance-based marketing offers.
    The company has more than four years experience building technology platforms and developing marketing relationships that drive profitable direct marketing revenue from brand-name companies. They also offer direct marketers the ability to acquire new customers through a network of leading third-party Web publishers as well as their own proprietary Web properties. The MetaReward network is visited by more than four million consumers each month, ranking it among the most frequently visited by consumers.

“As a part of Experian, we will further improve our ability to offer the highest quality experience for our users, marketers and publishers,” said Erik Larson, co-founder and chief operating officer of MetaReward. “MetaReward’s industry leading technology in the areas of Internet distribution and direct marketing will further strengthen Experian's current online consumer direct offerings.”

Experian did not disclose the terms of the purchase, but did indicate that the acquisition of MetaReward will be immediately accretive to earnings.

MetaReward properties include NetFlip, FreeGiftCentral, MovieTicketSource and MisterPoints reward programs as well as the ExpertsOnCredit credit advice site. Third party Web publishers include both large, highly trafficked Internet properties and small to medium-sized Web sites and services.

About Experian Consumer Direct

Experian Consumer DirectSM delivers the Internet’s premier credit products and services to help consumers better manage their financial lives. Its three-bureau report provides consumers instant access to their complete credit history from their Experian, Equifax and TransUnion files. Experian Consumer Direct’s Internet sites include FreeCreditReport.com, ConsumerInfo.com, CreditExpert.com and CreditMatters.com. The company delivered more than 1.5 million scores in 2002 and currently, more than 1.6 million members belong to its credit monitoring service. Experian Consumer Direct has established integrated co-branded partnerships with Yahoo!, Microsoft, EarthLink, LendingTree, Quicken, E-LOAN, and E*TRADE Group. The company is part of GUS plc (London Stock Exchange: GUS.L).
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    said Erik Larson, co-founder and chief operating officer of MetaReward.
    That name sounded familiar. So I checked around a bit. Seems he's also the co-founder of NetFlip...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Wow, I could just see my earnings:
    January: You made $40 but ahh to bad, not enough - you get nothing!
    February: Only $20 - oh well, at least you don't owe us $30
    March: You made nothing! Oh, that is very bad!
    April: $52. Hey, you make a net $2! Go out to dinner (at MacD's)
    May: What you dropped us?
    Sounds like that's their whole business model. They just made $110 off you w/out ever cutting a check or doing a damn thing (edited: they did cut a $2 check at the end). How many others can't be bothered to drop the program? How many abandon the site they just built to whatever clicks it manages before the domain expires?

I'm sure they make a pretty penny off those that never make it over the $50...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Glorious isnt it!

Yep, pretty craptacular...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Unhappy
    But if you consider how many people sign up for things without investigating alternatives, they may hook a few suckers on the way through....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread