Hi Bo, *
    Just wondering about the BuyitBomb interface. How configurable is it from the admin? Can you select *default merchants to be searched and NOT display a list of merchants for the visitor to choose from? In my own case, at least to begin with, I need a *search primarily for books and movies: so can I configure so many merchants to *be searched for books, and so many for movies, and have those merchants I pick *always automatically searched? So that in the Database drop-down list it would show *just 'books' and 'movies' and whatever else I choose, instead of a list of *merchants.... *
    Also, with the Meta *Search, can you do away with the list of merchants so the visitor doesn't see *them, have the script just search for merchants you choose from the *admin? *
    TIA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by imno007:
    Just wondering about the BuyitBomb interface. How configurable is it from the admin? Can you select *default merchants to be searched and NOT display a list of merchants for the visitor to choose from? In my own case, at least to begin with, I need a *search primarily for books and movies: so can I configure so many merchants to *be searched for books, and so many for movies, and have those merchants I pick *always automatically searched? So that in the Database drop-down list it would show *just 'books' and 'movies' and whatever else I choose, instead of a list of *merchants.... *
    Also, with the Meta *Search, can you do away with the list of merchants so the visitor doesn't see *them, have the script just search for merchants you choose from the *admin? *
    TIA
    ** <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Currently, BuyItBomb automatically selects from all merchants that you have installed on a particular domain. There is no way to enable/disable certain merchants from being included. Also, you can only search one merchant datafeed at a time.

One solution to this is to use BuyItBomb Syndication with a product like BlogBomb. First, you search for products in BuyItBomb in RSS mode and then you add those resulting links into BlogBomb.

Now you are able to search for movies and books from any merchant datafeeds you want. BlogBomb has many features to categorize your RSS information. It also allows you to add those products to your pages via SSI quite easily.

The Meta-search feature also works automatically by the merchants you have installed. This feature is really an admin feature that is useful for generating lists of RSS feeds to be used by tools like BlogBomb.

BuyItBomb combined with BlogBomb creates a powerful Product Syndication Solution with great power and flexibility.

Hope this helps,
    Bo

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread