Angry Star Magic: How to get them to pay?
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to all of this and need your advice. I "was" an affiliate of Star Magic. In their agreement, they state that they will send reports monthly and pay quarterly. I never got any reports nor payments. I am certain I sold items of theirs, because when I was first setting up my store, they told me that I was not getting all the credit due to me, because the coding was "screwed up". They said I had, indeed, sold some of their things. He was difficult to work with and to this day, I have no idea why the tracking wasn't working.

I called again, just before Xmas and they were unwiling to solve the problems, but said to contact them after the holidays. The man was quite rude. He then sent me an email, abruptly stating that he dropped me as an affiliate and that I would get my report/payment in January.

Well, that never happened and he's not returning my emails.

What action can I take to get him to pay me my commission?

Thanks in advance,

Terry

www.myADDstore.com

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I would not work with a program does not furnish reports. At a minimum, you need daily updates to know what is going on. Monthly reports are fairly useless to you.

Dump em like a sack-o-potatoes.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Internet Cowboy
    www.bbbonline.org

I had a similar dispute with a merchant and they paid me when they got the copy of the complaint I filed. The BBB has no real power, but in most cases they will pay you just to make it go away.

I immediately removed all of his products from my store. But I still need to collect my commission from him. Any suggestions?

Lessons learned......

Terry
    www.myADDstore.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    I would not work with a program does not furnish reports. At a minimum, you need daily updates to know what is going on. Monthly reports are fairly useless to you.

Dump em like a sack-o-potatoes.

Thanks for the BBB url. So if I make a complaint online, they will send the merchant a letter? Before I go that route, are there other ways to insist on payment by sending him an email or snail mail? How DO people collect from these kinds of crooks online? He does have a brick/mortar store in NYC.

Thanks for any help,

Terry
    www.myADDStore.com

Quote Originally Posted by scohaz
    www.bbbonline.org

I had a similar dispute with a merchant and they paid me when they got the copy of the complaint I filed. The BBB has no real power, but in most cases they will pay you just to make it go away.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    If you file a BBB complaint make sure you

1. Say what you do in SMALL words

"I joined merchant A's affiliate program. They said if I put a special link to them on my website and someone clicked thru and purchased something, they would send me a commission"

2. BBB is really for CONSUMERS (not B2B disputes)

Dont say my corporation is having a dispute with that corporation. Say "I" (personal/singular) have been defrauded

When Monster.com stiffed me and I filed BBB's I used my company name and got back a letter saying they help people not companies. I resubmitted as a "person".

FYI:
    Monster's official BBB response was "It's BFree's problem"
    BFree's official BBB response was "It's Monster's problem"

3. IIIF the company is associated with a town, like Kellogs and Battle Creek Mi, you can forward a copy to the home town newspaper

I've done that twice - and got paid once

Hi,
    Thanks for the great tips. I have emailed the company telling them that if I don't receive reports and payment, that I will report them to the BBB and FTC. I will phone them as well.

I have documented all emails and phone calls, but still...they have the proof of any sales I made, not me. It's unbelievable what companies can get away with.

Terry

www.myADDstore.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread