Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    iWon.com Affiliate Program?
    Does anyone know where the iWon.com affiliate program is? I saw someone with a link that began "http://tx.adprofile.net" but I don't know what affiliate network that link is from.

Can anyone help?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ask these 2 fine folks who also live off of ruining shoppers systems and installing BHO scumware applications...

Adware cannibals feast on each other
    Published: December 7, 2004, 4:48 PM PST
    By Stefanie Olsen
    Staff Writer, CNET News.com

TrackBack Print E-mail TalkBack
    Companies that use free software downloads to target Web surfers with annoying ads are turning on each other to keep customers--and the cash they generate--for themselves.

The tactic is in the spotlight in a little-noticed legal dispute unfolding in Seattle. Caribbean-based ad company Avenue Media last month accused New York-based DirectRevenue of using competing software to detect and delete Avenue Media's Internet Optimizer program from its customers' computers.

According to the Nov. 24 complaint, DirectRevenue's software detects Internet Optimizer and then sends a command to "kill" the program, a process that deletes its files from the PC registry and from the computer altogether. Avenue Media said DirectRevenue's tactics have caused it to lose about 1 million customers--about half its installed base--and as much as $10,000 a day in revenue.

"DirectRevenue, knowingly and with intent to defraud, exceeded its authorized access to users' computers...by automatically uninstalling Avenue Media's Internet Optimizer upon installation or update of DirectRevenue's competing browser," according to the complaint, which was filed in a district court in Seattle.

Avenue Media's lawsuit offers the latest twist in the tangled and sometimes seedy tale of programs--known as adware, malware or spyware--designed to deliver advertisements from an all-seeing and sometimes inextricable place on the PC. Though there are many useful applications for the desktop and the Web, the industry associated with it is much like the Wild West, with no real rules or self-regulation, and can taint even responsible companies.............
    http://news.com.com/Adware+cannibals...html?tag=st.rn
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks, but your post might as well have been in Japanese.

Can someone else please tell me where I can find the iWon.com affiliate program?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Talking
    Hope they stiff anyone dumb enough to slap up their links for some infestation fees. No doubt your privacy info is sold to every IAB/DMA member and list broker the moment you apply as an affiliate....LOL.

eBates -IGive -WhenU and Gator are giving away free AOL 12,000 hr CD's to go with each new affiliate account. SAHS is giving out free flea baths for any affiliate infesting 10,000 systems with their Golden Retriever B-a-HO.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks for the info, Rhea. I wasn't aware iWon.com even had software. I've used their site for years and never downloaded a thing.

ecomcity - please rant in another thread.

I'll go back to my original question so that hopefully someone else can help me - where can I find the iWon.com affiliate program?

I'm not sure they still have one.

Try searching on iwon.com for "iwon affiliate". The first search result I got took me to their Affiliate Overview page. It has a signup link (Linkshare), but as far as I know, they aren't available on LS any longer.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Like searching for Jimmy Hoffa...

Imo, if you're looking for their aff program to sign up with them, you're not picking your friends wisely.

Thanks Ellen. I tried that with no luck. I also found the Linkshare page you're talking about but they're no longer with them.

Donuts - I have a page that does really well with iWon links so I need to find out where their affiliate program is.

Anyone else know?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    If doing really well is your driving criteria, you should consider selling drugs. I hear it's very lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan
    Thanks Ellen. I tried that with no luck. I also found the Linkshare page you're talking about but they're no longer with them.

Donuts - I have a page that does really well with iWon links so I need to find out where their affiliate program is.

Anyone else know?
    Have you tried emailing iwon.com?

I know this isn't any help either but I have to agree with the others Dignan. I use to use them, then they went bad and started installing the search bar on computers so I pulled them. I can't remember where I was using them from though.

Donuts - are you really equating putting up an iWon.com link with selling drugs? Your equilibrium is way, way off, my friend.

Ellen - I emailed them. So far, no response.

Packy - when you say they install a search bar, do they do this without the user's permission? Again, I've visited the iWon.com site for years and I've never once had a problem. Then again, maybe someone sold me drugs and I'm confused.

Arrow
    <sarcasm>

Here's another program to look at, click the illustrative logo ->

</sarcasm>
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; February 7th, 2005 at 05:23 PM. Reason: removed link
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Dignan, My suggestion is to try it out. I know when I went to their site to check out the games I clicked to play the prize machine. My visitors were looking for free slots and it fit in well. When I clicked on the prize machine link it also downloaded the Iwon Co-Pilot which I believe is the browser. I'm not sure if there are other games that also include the download. Most likely there are. It does say;

Bigger Prizes! Features!
    New instant cash prizes:
    $100,000, $500,000 & $1,000,000!
    Progressive Cash Jackpot
    Including the iWon Co-Pilot™
    50 FREE spins for a chance to win every day

Then there is a button that says "I accept, I Want the New Prize Machine"

Weather that was there before or not I don't know. Either way most people are going to click on the button to play the game without reading the fine print about the Co-Pilot. Also just looking at the bottom of a page they have links to MyWay.com, MySearch.com, free smileys and bla, bla, bla. Why would you want to put your visitors through the hours most likely it will take them to try to figure out how to uninstall the crap. I'm not saying I'm an Angel but I know it was a hassle with the Iwon. All JMO of course!

I see your point, Packy. But let's face it: they are telling the user what they are doing. It's not some secretive spyware like some people here are making it out to be. Personally, I wouldn't want the Co-Pilot on my computer but I like to let my users make their own decisions.

To be honest, I find the elitist attitudes of some of the posters in this thread (not you Packy), including the admin, quite disappointing. I was expecting help, not ridicule and arrogance.

Also, I'm not sure what two bananas doing it doggystyle is supposed to mean.

To be honest, I find the elitist attitudes of some of the posters in this thread (not you Packy), including the admin, quite disappointing. I was expecting help, not ridicule and arrogance.

Just click on the (two bananas link) to find out, who knows, you may like that affiliate program too.

More arrogant sarcasm. Thanks. Although comparing iWon.com to eBates is still comparing apples to oranges, it's better than comparing apples to crack. We're getting closer.

Is there anyone on this forum who can actually help?

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe this will help: It is from 2001?

The Fight Against Scumware Continues, Anti-Scumware Petition, and other topics are covered in this issue of Associate Programs Newsletter.

iWon treats affiliates badly, and other news

iWon has treated its affiliates badly, giving them only about 24 hours warning before dumping its affiliate program on August 31. Then iWon went on to say that it hopes to launch a new program soon. Guess who won't be interested?

Someone at iWon hasn't learned one of the most important rules of affiliate marketing: Treat your affiliates well.
    http://www.associateprograms.com/sea...er175.shtml#a6

Is there anyone on this forum who can actually help?
    Yes, you've had the help already. Fed parasites are big fat parasites, most of us here try to starve them, if you've a different agenda then maybe you need a different board?

They'll shaft you up the arse for their benefit.

You guys have a very strange definition of parasites. This company tells users "if you download this software, you are also downloading our Co-pilot search bar." To say that's the same as the companies that do it surreptitiously is dishonest, alarming, and irresponsible.

You may not like what they do but they are doing it honestly from what I've seen personally and heard so far on this board. If the only thing people have a problem with is their Co-Pilot software, I think many of you need to reevaluate your definitions of "scumware," "parasites," or whatever else you want to call them.

Regardless, I didn't make this thread to discuss the pending affiliate apocalypse and my horrific and overwhelming role in it. I just want to know if iWon.com has an affiliate program somewhere.

Anyone know?

i think they are on some cpa networks from time to time

Hi Vrindavan - thanks. I've checked about 10 CPA networks and I still can't find iWon. Please let me know if you find out any specifics.

They run program via valueclick from time to time.
    They are inactive now.
    you have to wait for their next program run.

may be they are on other cpa network too ?

Well, they haven't been at Valueclick for a while now and I can't seem to find them anywhere else. Thanks though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast