Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    http and a telephoto
    Can't post in Fun to Collect forum?
    What happened? Is the forum locked? I don't see any locked icons, but it states I can't post or reply to posts.

Akiva, what about the 120 day cookies?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Fun to Collect has closed up their program I think that already went into effect...it was either this week or next week.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

The 8th is the last day. I've been trying to get ready for it since the announcement. To bad too, as sales were really picking up for FTC

Loxly - Akiva should still be on his honeymoon
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    They are still listed as active on CJ.

I asked CJ why I wasn't informed by them that the funtocollect program was closing, or even by direct email from funtocollect, they said :
    You weren't informed about this because they haven't informed us yet. We usually give our publishers 7 days notification.

I haven't received any email from funtocollect since July 2004, on the forum they complain that links on affiliate sites are out of date.. etc.. I downloaded a new datafeed several times, but I don't know if it was up to date or the same one each time since I wasn't notified of any updates to the feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by weblady
    They are still listed as active on CJ.

I asked CJ why I wasn't informed by them that the funtocollect program was closing, or even by direct email from funtocollect, they said :
    You weren't informed about this because they haven't informed us yet. We usually give our publishers 7 days notification.

I haven't received any email from funtocollect since July 2004, on the forum they complain that links on affiliate sites are out of date.. etc.. I downloaded a new datafeed several times, but I don't know if it was up to date or the same one each time since I wasn't notified of any updates to the feeds.
    I noticed yesterday that they are still listed as active. I kept waiting for notification but nothing has arrived. I had all their links removed before the 8th so it doesn't matter any more to me whether they're active or not but it does rub me the wrong way to see that they haven't deactivated like Akiva told us.

As for the datafeeds, from the notes I have, it hadn't been updated since the end of October.

Quote Originally Posted by weblady

Hi...We received an e-mail from FunToCollect (Akiva) on January 27th regarding the closing of the program.

Mel

You have to wonder...

If they are still active within CJ, you know traffic is still going to them. Do you get the impression that the tracking pixel has been removed until all reversals/charge backs can be completed, then they take their ball and go home?
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    Go figure, we hadn' tremoved the links yet and I had a sale go through today. I wonder if they'll reverse it. Interesting note that we were not notified directly thru CJ but through Akiva.

What are the odds that they'll make good or just walk away with my buck eighty commission?

Robin

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Something's fishy. I have hundreds of their links scattered over my sites. I've tried to find and remove them all but doubt I've gotten rid of everything.

One thing we could do is drop them so that CJ will then have to invalidate the links *and* notify us of the pages those links are coming from.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What are the odds that they'll make good or just walk away with my buck eighty commission?
    From my experience with other merchants who've left, I'd place my bets on the "walk away with your buck eighty" option. It's not a 100% thing, but the chances of that happening are pretty decent IMO.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I received an email from Bill the other day in which he talked about his decision to close the program. Two of his main concerns were the outdated products on people's sites and people advertsing non-existent coupons for FTC. It sounded like it wasn't an easy decision for him, but probably the only way he figured that he could fix the problem. I'm sure that by the time he pays us, Akiva, and CJ, the extra sales he made, probably weren't enough to justify the extra work and headaches involved. We were told to have our links down by the 8th, so I would say that he is not obligated to pay us. I wouldn't be surprised if he does however. Perhaps he's just waiting until his funds in CJ are depleted to cancel directly thru cj. I've been swaping out links, but it does take some time. If I send him some free traffic/sales, so be it.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Something's fishy. I have hundreds of their links scattered over my sites. I've tried to find and remove them all but doubt I've gotten rid of everything.

One thing we could do is drop them so that CJ will then have to invalidate the links *and* notify us of the pages those links are coming from.
    I think I will do that. Very good idea Rhea!

as of now Feb 13th, they are still online and all the links are still going to the intended page. Are they some sort of collecting "residual traffic" ?

CJ MUST DEACTIVE THEM NOW.

ABW Ambassador
    Still listed as active on CJ, links still working, even though I have removed them, a lot of pages are in cache files; also don't forget all of the cookies floating around that could bring us sales for the next 4 months. I think they should be obligated to pay any commissions earned before officially closing on the CJ site. Not all affiliates are perusing this site.

The program has a 7-day EPC of $4.16. So someone is still making sales. Personally I took down my entire site and "m redirecting any stragglers to the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    If I send him some free traffic/sales, so be it.
    That's a great attitude, but one I certainly don't subscribe to.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughTurkey

That's a great attitude, but one I certainly don't subscribe to.

Mind you, I don't intend for this to go on forever. I've been swapping out links for some of my pages that do well, and am slowly getting to the others. It's just not on my priority list this week, but will get taken care of in the near future.

so what would happen to the sales that occur after feb 9th ? would they get reversed ? i suspect the sales were coming from the cache files on search engines.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Review 207 clicks from invalid links.
    Guess I missed more than a few of them. Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

Guys, as far as I know the program should have ended on the 9th. I am no longer managing the program but I will contact Bill to find out what is going on.

Just confirming that commissions after the 9th are being reversed.

yes they all have been nicely reversed..I can see that on my report.
    and guess what did they put as a reason..."invalid credit card". come on, you can do better than that !!

yes - reversed here too - invalid credit card as the reason.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Unhappy
    Yep...I see a sale showing up for yesterday. I'm sure it will go bye-bye soon. Is there a way to tell if it is a lingering cookie on a past visitors comp. or if I missed a link somewhere? Sad...FTC will still get the sale, even though we brought them to FTC.
    Mel

ABW Ambassador
    $30 worth reversed here...;o(.... wrote to CJ about it, since they told me that this wouldn't happen.... official closing date on CJ is 2/24...

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, my buck eighty commission was reversed yesterday. Same reason, invalid credit card. Has anyone had any sales that weren't reversed since their supposed closing program date? What a load of bs! And, in my opinion, somewhat unethical.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast