New at SAS Ampalian Direct Jewellery
    Hi folks. We've signed up as a merchant with SAS and after reading a lot in these forums we are on auto deposit and we are offering a life time cookie. Your referred customers stay yours.

The site is designed for volume sales with very competitive pricing on many high quality items. New products are added literally every day. We are approaching 1000 items for sale with another 4000 in our portfolio being worked on as we speak.

We know that as marketeers you will be choosy about who you partner with. We trust you respect that we are too. A great opportunity awaits for good sites that compliment or enhance our brand. We have been a little too relaxed about acceptance in the past and we need to change that in order to get the best out of this for both parties.

We deliver free over £25 GBP / $47 USD / 37 Euro to most parts of the world. You'll know the parts of the world that we sadly have to exclude due to the nature of our products.

We look forward to partnering with good partners. Any comments, suggestions or questions are very welcome.

Thanks,

Malcolm

Malcolm Cooper

Malcolm, your company was too relaxed about acceptance in which way?

Some of us are currently almost in limbo with some of our sites regarding the way certain search engines are treating us and we may not be good producers for some time.

I'll explain. Our judgement isn't and wouldn't be based on performance, page rank, search engine position or anything like that. We fully understand the nature of the web in that regard and indeed will always be delighted to support new sites or those in "limbo". To us "partnership" means just that, it's a mutual thing.

The judgement is more subjective and more to do with content and image. The Ampalian name seeks to be associated with similar or superior quality sites and brands. That doesn't mean over designed, overly cool sites. It simply means good, professional sites of appropriate content.

It has to be a judgement call on our part. We'd rather be working with 20 such partners than 100 random sites.

If there is anything in that you disagree with I'd be delighted to discuss it.

my reply had more to do with affiliate managers we've had to deal with in the past (and now) who feel if one's sites aren't producing well it hurts their EPC. Calling for a minimum amount of business in an account doesn't take into consideration the vagarities of online selling.

another problem in some networks is that the AM is only told the prime URL of the affiliate. some of us have dozens of sites and still can list only one or a few with the network for the AM to see.

I see nothing wrong with your wanting to vet applications to protect your brand.

I see. No I wouldn't want to judge on the basis of performance. That is a matter for you in your business. I know that you'll be doing everything possible to drive your business, I just have to make mine as attractive as I can and allow you to do your stuff. There are ups and downs along the way for everyone.

Malc

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread