ABW Ambassador
    Question Adsense stats gone crazy
    I log in and see I've made say 53.26$. I go get something to eat, come back check my stats and see it's down to 52$. Check again an hour later and it's up to 60$, then say half an hour later down to 59.7$..!!

It looks like the price of some random stock intead of my adsense account. Anyone seen this happen before? After 1 and 1/2 years with adsense this week is the first time I notice.

I've not seen it at all. Being in Madrid, it seems possible that you're hitting a set of servers with different update schedules than here in the states. Perhaps you're bouncing between a few different reporting databases...?

Does it finally settle out to the top amount for the day, or stick at one of the lower amounts?
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    It just happened again and I noticed that I got a diffrent amount depending on the time frame (today/month to date) so you might be right Eathan. At first I thought it was some invalid click but it's happening way to often.

At the end of the day the amount is always the highest, but I guess thats becuase of the new clicks kicking in.

Javi,

The same thing happened to me a few months back. I contacted Google about it and was told that different servers updated at different times and I was probably being redirected to a different server each time I logged on and that was causing the bouncing back and forth. It only happened that once for me. It hasn't happened since.

I usually look at my stats for all time to see the latest updated amount for today's stats. It seems to be the report that updates the first. Who knows why.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Internet Cowboy
    My Adsense shows the same amount right now that it did at 7 am this morning when I logged in. It defaults to 'Today'. I log in every morning and look at 'Yesterday'.
    Something is certainly wrong here. I don't make a lot with Adsense, but it is an amount measured in dollars per day. Today is thus far measured in cents.

welcome to the club. i have to blame google "losing" a couple of my sites lately so that most of the visitors now are regulars coming back (bless them).

Javi, if all settles out at the top amount at the end of the day, I wouldn't stress it.

scohaz, it seems like things have been a little wonky since they made their announcement about not allowing multiple advertisers pushing the same URLs or whatever it was. My guess is that has reduced the pool of potential advertisers in some industries. I'm not sure what effect that would have, but I've seen a lot more fluctuation day to day in '05 and that's the only known change I can think of...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread