Haiko - Email Me
    Haiko

Sent and internal email here and one from my email account and have not gotten a reply, please email me.

???
    I thought at first you may have been out of town and not avaiable to answer email but I see a post from you in this forum. I've sent two emails and posted here asking for a reply but you have not responded. Whats the deal?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Maybe still very busy working on the board migration and setting things up along with other business stuff. Can lead to correspondence backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    Maybe still very busy working on the board migration and setting things up along with other business stuff. Can lead to correspondence backlog.

I would believe that if I did not see him posting above and below this post. The reason I am trying to contact Haiko is because I have been in touch with a merchant that is considering cleaning up his program (ebates) and I was hoping to get them to post here, welcome them, etc. I detailed that in two messages to Haiko but ??? no reply. I am about ready to turn on lurk mode and continue it alone because if the owner of this board can't even reply to an email that could benefit us all, why should I bother?

...and?
    I was wondering if anyone here could tell me why I am unable to get the owner of this board to respond to several emails I've sent. I really don't understand why and I am not about to assume anything about Haiko's lack of response, but it is strange.

I thought I could add to the board and also learn too but it seems that, like the lack of response I got from my first post, affiliates will probably never be able to agree on anything that could help us all. It is not in the cards because we really don't want to give any advantage to someone that could compete with us. Of course there are many posts here that belie that statement but this is pretty much a “close to the vest” type of business.

Anyway what I was trying to get Haiko to respond to was my efforts to get some merchants I have been working with to quit their association with parasites. I was hoping that an email response from Haiko would help my cause and all of us too. I was successful today in getting one merchant to cease their association with i_g_i_v_e_ and I am still working on another to quit e_b_a_t_e_s.

ZendoZen (a) gmail

Just got done doing the radio show and will email you after a break.

I manage over 230 forums and over 17K+ members and answer to over 70 merchants, and get over 6K non spam emails a day ... lack of immediate response is not an indication of lack of effort or enthusiasm, only resources and time!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Just got done doing the radio show and will email you after a break.

I manage over 230 forums and over 17K+ members and answer to over 70 merchants, and get over 6K non spam emails a day ... lack of immediate response is not an indication of lack of effort or enthusiasm, only resources and time!
    Haiko: You need an assistant ... or a Mini Me!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    zendozen,

> my efforts to get some merchants I have been working with to quit their association with parasites

Congrats on your efforts!

Please do not give up now, your are doing great work. There are many here that would stand behind you in your work, but sometimes we get sidetracked with threads being derailed and then having to answer to silly questions over and over and sometime others like me will miss a post.

Because of positive threads like this one
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=54338
    people do take action as you have. But as you can see the thread starts to get derailed with questions from an affiliate that don't want us to help you by having to answer so many questions that can hurt their income, with so many times the same old questions.

It is my fault for not seing your thread from the beginning or else I would have been one of the fist to help and congratulate you.

BTW, welcome to ABW

Quote Originally Posted by phillyburbs
    ... or a Mini Me!
    As long as he doesn't ride around naked on a scooter and pee in corners.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

I saw that... it was hysterical!!!! Couldn't believe Chyna stole his room.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Here is what has happened so far:

1) I emailed the affiliate rep from Crucial Technology and sent him this link:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ial+technology

After voicing my concern that this behavior was not in either of our interests and after he read the forum post he replied “I am not a big fan of the software downloads. I have removed iGive from the program (even though they only brought in 13 orders last month.....a small drop in the bucket)”

This would be a good time to email Jared and let him know that parasite free programs are very welcome and that these are the companies we like to feature. I chose them over k-i-n-g-s-t-o-n who is with e-b-a-t-e-s.

2) I phoned and spoke to the affiliate rep for Hale Groves and explained how e-b-a-t-e-s is a parasite. She replied that must be why they are one of their top affiliates. I sent some links to her from this forum addressing parasites but I did not receive a reply. About two weeks later I called again but when I could not get her on the phone I asked to speak to her supervisor and was directed to Paul. Paul was aware of the workings of e-b-a-t-e-s and I had a positive conversation with him. At this time they are going through their “end of year” as he explained it and they would not be making any changes. I sent him links to this forum and he has been following the posts concerning parasites and linkshare.

What I would like to see happen is that any affiliate interested in the Hale Groves program write to the affiliate rep and voice their concern. I won’t post Paul’s email address unless I get his permission but you can get the address of the affiliate rep online. I would really like to see Hale Groves become parasite free as I have one highly targeted site I feature them on now and about a dozen more in the works.

When you contact a merchant concerning their association with parasites and offer information on how it hurts the industry it has to be done as a group. If they are to take you seriously then all who suffer from parasites have to speak, perhaps in a united voice? That is why I was trying to get Haiko to respond to my email so I could perhaps invite the reps through him to the forum.

An interesting aside, Paul from Hale Groves mentioned how there was a lot of volume on the forums, referring to the posts where a great deal of emotion was evident. I explained that he would find valuable information but have to wade through some of the muck. This may be a hobby or even a business for you but it is always business for the merchants. Kind of like who has “the Kings ear” it is not always who speaks the most but who speaks the best.

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    I saw that... it was hysterical!!!! Couldn't believe Chyna stole his room.
    Best

Show

Ever

I contacted Hale Groves today and found out that this Thursday their board will be meeting and one of the issues on the table will be their association with e-b-a-t-e-s. If anyone here is concerned about parasites and how our bottom line as well as the merchants is affected it might be a good time to voice your opinion. Anyone?

Zendozen,

If they have any questions or need information as they discuss the issue, I will be more than happy to assist. I'll even throw in nonemotional to boot.

Then contact them on your own via the email link on linkshare...

Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    Whatever

Well the whatever has turned into:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=54913

I thought asking for help was much less confrontational than whining?

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread