Unhappy SAS Policy on Merchants Associated w/parasites?
    I've been following the recent iGive / Top Moxie parasiteware thread http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...3&page=1&pp=25 and found a number of my merchants are affiliated with iGive.

One in particular is a SAS merchant and I was wondering what SAS's position was on merchants affiliated with know parasites. I also found that this merchant is affiliated with netnettrends which may be another parasite?

Interested in any comments.

Thanks, TM
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

The "affiliate" would be in violation then.

From the relevant section of the SaS Affiliate Service Agreement:
    # NOT ALLOWED: Any placement of creative in a "Desktop" advertising scheme. This includes any and all 3rd party advertising platforms that use a desktop application to display ads in any form.
    # NOT ALLOWED: Any display of a merchant window that isn't the result of a direct click by the end-user.
    # Failure to abide by these rules could mean termination from a given merchant program, or from shareasale.com completely with a complete forfeit of commissions.
    # Fraud is a serious offense, and will be treated as such. Fraud is defined as any action that intentionally attempts to create sales, leads, or click-throughs using robots, frames, iframes, scripts, or manually "refreshing" of pages, for the sole purpose of creating commissions. ANY ATTEMPTED FRAUD OR FRAUD WILL RESULT IN MEMBERSHIP TERMINATION AND VOIDED COMMISSIONS.
    In which case, it should be reported directly to the fine folks at Share-a-Sale.

Thank you FFoc for responding. I'll report them (and drop them too).

Have a good one!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread