Teach me Data Feeds!!
    Hi..

I am one year into affiliate publishing and would really like to learn how to build data feed sites or use data feeds in my existing sites. Frankly, I know absolutely nothing about using data feeds. I would really appreciate some input as to where I should begin. I must also admit that I have no programming skills, CGI, p.......etc etc,,,,,,, I do basic HTML. So you see, I need a tutor!! Any suggestions? I do own Web Merge but don't know where to begin. Also about these sites in a box like Bettymills........ , is this a good way to get my feey wet, bearing in mind I know nothing.

I am seriously considering hiring a tutor...... And if there was classes available someplace I would surely go......... Help !!!!!

Thanks

Steven

Whatever you do, try not to use the feeds without modifying them. Google in particular, is being quite nasty to many vanilla datafeed sites these days.

You have PM disabled, send me one...

Great question. I'd LOVE to learn too. Very well put.

Dreamweaver makes it very easy to import info from a database with php. I use MySQL Front for uploading databases on certain servers that no longer allow the use of phpmyadmin.

If you want to learn and use a couple products that a few of the affiliates use, check out SandraR's training session..

You may also want to visit the http://www.ecomxpo.com because I believe there will be discussions on datafeeds..

You can use PHP or Perl (or similar), or a tool like WebMerge (or a combination of the two) to build pages. Steele has great advice - modify your feed or risk your site getting banned or at best - low rankings. Be unique!

There is a lot of info about feeds and how to use them here and elsewhere, I recommend spending some time reading and absorbing before just jumping in.

Good luck.

Fred

http and a telephoto
    I just posted a long winded reply to another thread about tutoring, if you are serious, pm me.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; February 8th, 2005 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Removed link
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I tries sending you a PM and it also said you were not accepting. I also tried email and got the same. Please try PM'ing me again or email me. I have enabled both..

Thanks

http and a telephoto
    Edited due to removing link:
    Haiko, that was a paid ad that is buried in this forum somewhere, so it should have been ok to post. It was NOT an affiliate link. Please pm me as to why that link would not be allowed.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread