Help Needed w/Browser Hijacker
    Hi All,

I've been trying to get rid of a browser hijacker with no success. Ive tried ad-aware, spybot search and destroy, norton, mcafee, a bunch of browser fixers with no success. The hijacker is DONT CLICK ON IT "allwebsearcher.com/1212.htm" I'm not sure if it is an auto download. Anyways I can't find any info on it. It's on my laptop and is really slowing it down big time. Thanks for any help you can give I couldn't even get to a whois on it.

Have you tried M$anti-spyware?

If that doesn't work you can try the scanner on parasiteware - download the free scanner and see if it identifies it.

======================

Address lookup
    ===============
    canonical name: allwebsearcher.com
    aliasesaddresses: 195.225.177.37

Domain Whois record
    ======================
    Domain Name: ALLWEBSEARCHER.COM
    Registrar: DIRECT INFORMATION PVT. LTD., DBA DIRECTI.COM
    Whois Server: whois.directi.com
    Referral URL: http://www.directi.com
    Name Server: NS1.FEEDI.COM
    Name Server: NS2.FEEDI.COM
    Creation Date: 28-jan-2005
    Expiration Date: 28-jan-2006

Advanced View of 195.225.177.37
    ===============================
    5 domains found on 195.225.177.37
    www.Allwebseek.com
    www.Allwebsearcher.com
    www.Fastwebseek.com
    www.Hotwebfinder.com
    www.Mywebseek.com
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thanks Haiko, The SOB Knocked me off ABW as soon as I posted. I didn't think the post went through. It looks like it is new by the creation date so chance are no one will have a fix for it yet. I'm so pissed right now trying to figure out how it got on the comp in the first place

Yeah, I'd first try the Microsoft AntiSpyware. Then I'd run HijackThis (Downloads Page | Direct Download). Close your browser(s) and other windows and tick any box next to anything related to allwebsearcher (will be like R0 or R1, there may be others). Hit fix checked.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

ABW Ambassador

Hi, Packy

I am not a Windows browser hijacker expert but I can't help but wonder if it would be easier and faster to just remove and reload Windows?

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Run the removal tools in the safe mode to prevent them from blocking the scans. BHO and searchbar operators hire virus writers to block removal tools and even updating of the Anti-spyware apps.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks for the advice all

Shawn, I did try using "Hijack This" and a couple of others which has worked in the past on my kids comp. Unfortunately this one resets in less than a second anything that I delete or fix. I did end up downloading the M$ anti-spyware which was coming up with an unidentified browser hijacker. Unfortunately the same results, as soon as It would delete it, bamm it was back again. Most programs are picking it up although not by name but this one must be hiding all over the place. This is by far the toughest one that I have ever had a problem with.

Radar Cat, I'm hoping I don't have to do that. I have to much stuff to back-up and then I would have to worry if the stuff I backed up contains any reference to the hijacker. The virus scans don't seem to be picking it up. I might end up having to that but I'll wait a week or so and see if one of the programs comes out with a fix first. Thanks!

Mike, I haven't tried the safemode yet. Thanks for the idea, it's a possibility that that might work. I'll give it a shot tomorrow after the recoup from the Big Game tonight. GO EAGLES Thanks again all.

allwebsearcher
    Packy,
    I had a similar problem. The hijacker wrote itself to my startup menu, every time I tried uninstalling it, it would "reinstall" itself. Here's how I got rid of it:
    Go to start, search, find all files and folders. Type in "allwebsearcher". You may have to browse the results to identify which files are associated with it.
    When you find them, delete them.
    If you get a "unable to delete file" message, it's because it's running in your startup menu. Write down the folder and paths the allwebsearcher resides in.

Go to start, run, type in "msconfig" (without quotes). When the screen pops up, select the last tab labeled "startup". Browse the startup items, looking for the path and folder that allwebsearcher resides in.
    When you find it, uncheck it.

Restart your computer. Now the bugger is out of the startup menu. Go back to the containing folders and you can delete it with no problems.

Works for me.
    Later,
    Rick K.

PS, if that doesn't work, try PCHell or the Gladiator security forums for a fix.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Restart your computer. Now the bugger is out of the startup menu. Go back to the containing folders and you can delete it with no problems.
    Hopefully it will be out of our startup menu. I've seen some apps that just put themselves right back there (ibis being one). If that happens, then do what Rick K. said from Safe Mode. I've had to do that with a couple.

Be sure to search your registry for all entries related to it also and remove those. Of course be sure to back up the registry first.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Smells like one I've been fighting on a friends computer! See the screenshot on these helper sites - if that looks familiar, you're in for a long fix but you'll know what it is:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict3341.html
    http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=259

And the newer hijacks I've seen are like what Kellie said above - "Hopefully it will be out of our startup menu. I've seen some apps that just put themselves right back there" they'll be back there faster than you can delete / disable them.

Thanks for all the good info everyone. Donuts, I think this one is a little different but simalar as to having the directory. I like that forum Paul. Hopefully after trying what some of the others here suggested I won't need to use it but I have a feeling I might have to. BTW a good site for some spyware tools is www.majorgeeks.com They have a pretty good list of tools for pretty much anything. Thanks again everyone

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread