Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unhappy What's going on at CJ? Sales are way off!!
    I hope all of you are not going to tell me that it's just me. Anyway, its 5:23PM eastern and I have NO SALES since last evening. This is very unsusual I must add. You would think that while all the men are getting blasted and geared up for the Super Bowl that all the women would be on a shopping spree online!! So tell me. It is just me right? Boooo!! Hooooo!!

15 years and counting
    No reporting problem with CJ. I'm not too happy with the level of my sales but I can't spot any pb from their side.

Internet Cowboy
    I wish I could say it was you. My click numbers are normal, traffic is good (better than average). Sale numbers are nonexistant.

Unhappy
    Well I think someone may have pinpointed it yesterday - the load on the pages is soooooooooooo slow - who wants to stick around and wait? I am on high speed cable and haven't seen anything like this since the last big virus bit the butt of the internet.

Internet Cowboy
    I am not seeing that here. I am in Florida, on a cable modem and my links are not slow at all.
    I saww that thread yesterday and navigated around my sites and clicked through to many different merchants and I am not seeing a slowdown at all.

ABW Ambassador
    Are they doing some more upgrades or maintenance or is the application coming apart at its seams or something?

Or are their pet parasites active again? You know, the 60 days to comply cycle is still not up now. I wish I knew what was going on and how to get around this cj lack of sales problem.

Well something's happening on the west coast, cause I am not having any problems except with a handful of my CJ merchants. I would say its my ISP but it doesn't seem to be a problem with anything else I'm viewing - I have even gone into other websites that carry CJ links - same thing, very slow loads. 1/2 images and time outs on the links. It's getting worse from where I am sitting, not better.

I think something seems a little strange. My clicks are about 1/3rd what they normally are, but my traffic is consistent. I don't think I've seen this few clicks in months. I hope something's wrong!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Even if something is wrong and they find out what it is, will they ever reimburse us for the lost sales?

My traffic is normal, but my sales are big ZERO

Been pretty crappy here, a handful of sales aggregated over the last 24 hours, mostly with puny sales totals. Spend damnit!

CJ Transaction dates off
    Over the past few days I've had transactions where the Post Date preceeds the Event Date. ie. just a few moments ago the following transaction was posted to my account with the following time stamps:

Event Date: 7-Feb-2005 11:58 PST
    Posting Date: 7-Feb-2005 09:59 PST

It's not even 11:59 PST today ... what gives?

Although I've been reluctant to post any results, the lack of sales over the past several days makes me very suspicious about CJ tracking. I send thousands of targeted click-throughs to CJ everyday, however the past several days has seen my conversion rate drop by 75%. Any thoughts or shared experiences?

15 years and counting
    Dorna - I've had transactions where the Post Date preceeds the Event Date
    I've seen that with merchants whose servers are in an other country with different time zone.

I also believe something is not right at CJ. This month has got off to a very bad start for me - probably the worst ever since joining CJ almost 3 years ago. Wazzup CJ?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    I think it's google, the traffic pattern has changed to a huge extent over the past couple of days
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Did you ever think it may be SuperBowl Sunday..

its horrible for me too... like for over a week now.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well I'm thoroughly peed at CJ and their non-reporting issues and poor conversion ratios. Not just this month either. For the first time in CJ's history (I'm one of their first affiliates) I didn't earn enough on 2650 clicks in the month of January to even make minimum. They have completely gone to the darkside with the ValueClick ownership influence. I'd no longer recommend launching a merchant program on their CJ, or BF platform, as recruiting viable affiliates will be a uphill battle. Purely BHO & SEO/SEM data mining diversion tactics left in their stable. Let the cookie stuffers and unwashed masses of affiliates have at them, as not even Akiva lauds his programs here at ABW. Damn shame as they once had the potential to be the pro-affiliate network.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

what he said

You can bet a new layer of ValueClick imposed datamining-info scraping applications click into high gear. Even the BF system has problems reporting click totals, as the disect every click to see where they can sell off the click DNA. The culpret stems from the large threads I started last year at this time outlining we always get screwed when the networks/merchants remain silent on critical issues. They refused to certify data mining applications do not whack sales tracking in numerous threads. Now it all comes back to bite us as the cookies crumble.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Nice to visit the ABW "way-back machine" and see warnings evolve into outright crisis proportions. The mined data is designed to empower the few at the expense of the many..... http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=11497&page=3 The Silence continues as the success secrets get sold to eliminate domain bound affiliate commissions, while focusing BHO's and merchant Ad campaigns on a massive scale.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Although it's not as bad as webmaster mike for me, but for some reason, the number of clicks (with a proportionate ratio for sales) for today is pretty slow .. anyone else?
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

yes, definitely slow. one of my links which has a 30-40% conversion is showing at less than 10% today. traffic is normal and CTR is in the normal range.

...i did notice that the few sales i got have a 2 hour lag b/w event and post date (usu it's closer to an hour...)

it's definitely far slower today...

ABW Ambassador
    the ongoing lack of conversion affects not just CJ but the other networks as well. even my best performing merchant at LS is no exception. sales have grounded to a halt even though february is a buying month.

the networks should investigate the current trend.

there are even people on the merchant side echoing the same problem of lack of conversion this february.

there certainly is a heavy weight of a gorilla out there creating havoc on affiliates.

15 years and counting
    I agree with waytogo. There's something going on somewhere, and it's happening with all the networks or indies. I'm seing a drop in conversion. I can explain it with a lot of reasons, competition, traffic quality...
    But at the same time, eBates and other predators are doing great.
    See http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ghlight=eBates

Will be good to hear about the networks or merchants experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast