Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How are your sales going for Feb?
    Only 1 sale showing (1st Feb) for me.
    Not sure if my sales reports haven't been updated or anything.... just wondering if anyone else is having low to no sales reported so far this month?

Worst month since I started with LinkShare last Feb. I really hope it's just a delay in tracking. It most likely is because this happens all the time during the weekend. I hope to see it cleared up by Tuesday morning.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I have the same problem, I have been advertising (PPC) and received loads of clicks but no sales. Lets see what LinkShare will report Tuesday yeah.
    www.perfect-jewelry-gifts.com

is tuesday their catch up day typically?

i'm new to linkshare, but given the volume of clicks for a couple of my merchants I would think i'd have more than 1 sale right now...

Rogi consider yourself lucky that you've actually had 1 sale! I'm showing ZERO-ZILCH-NADA so far this month.

glad i'm not the only one. January was soaring like an eagle and charging like a rhino. February so far is rotting carrion being picked apart by maggots.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I'm still not showing any change since Saturday. I expected to see the reports update at their regular time tonight but it came and went. I certainly hope something is wrong. I'm seeing some very sad figures here and it's making me upset.

Same here. Got up this morning expecting to see some encouraging numbers and they weren't there. :-(
    Tim

Check your site stats. You might have been hit hard by Google's latest update. My site traffic is way down, with sales following.

Definitely was hit hard by google but still sending lots of clicks via the other engines traffic and my conversion at my top merchant went down from 5% in January to almost 2% now in February, and sinking fast. The click-thrus are there, the sales aren't. :-(
    Tim

I'm certain this isn't a traffic problem.. My clicks are consistent, but my conversion ratio has gone from 2% to 0% in the past 3 days, so this must be a reporting issue. I just hope to see all this information show up tomorrow night.

- Scott

I sure hope it's a reporting problem and it will be ironed out. :-(

order/click:

jan 24 - jan 31: 6.88%

feb 1 - feb 8: 2.5%

(feb 5 - feb 8: 0%)
    Tim

I'm just seeing a few noncommissionable sales so far. but that's another rant altogether.

The reports are updating..... the clicks are showing .... but where are my sales?
    I think it's time to make a test purchase or two.
    Has Linkshare considered a little 'blog' type thing on their site? Maybe some communication with actual Linkshare staff that can let us know if and when there will be delays in certain things (like sales reporting)

I've seen 2 sales post in the past 5 days. I talked to Overstock and they said my stats on their end are completely different. Steve pasted the information to me and the numbers he's showing are completely different from the numbers I'm seeing. There is something definitely wrong with the LinkShare reports. Does anybody have an email within linkshare that I can contact to report this? I can't seem to find anything on their interface that allows me to contact them. This is so bad!

- Scott

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I've seen 2 sales post in the past 5 days. I talked to Overstock and they said my stats on their end are completely different. Steve pasted the information to me and the numbers he's showing are completely different from the numbers I'm seeing.
    This is frightening, yet hopeful. Maybe I really selling more than the 1 measly item per week they are showing instead of the many items a day I was converting a few weeks ago.

I know that I just checked LS and they show no impressions, no clicks, no nada for yesterday even though it's usually updated by now. And I have a banner showing double-digit impressions with triple-digit click-thru's for a whopping 1000% click-thru ratio. That really instills a sense of trust in THOSE numbers. :-(
    Tim

I have clicks showing up now, but test purchases I made yesterday morning are not there, so I'm inclined to believe there is indeed a problem at LinkShare.
    Tim

Hi,

I have only been using Linkshare for 2 weeks or so...quite a few clicks across a number of merchants--one sale from feb 2 is all i see...

For those of you who have been with Linkshare for many months/years--is it typical for their reporting to be sooo bad and then catch up days later...? Just wondering...

...tempted to make a test purchase myself

How many click-through's without sales will you allow until you become seriously worried? I think i'm becoming seriously worried...

15 years and counting
    LinkShare reports Impressions and Click-Throughs, Sales are reported by each merchant then uploaded by LS. LinkShare reports are updated several times every day.
    Nothing is real time. Some merchants have an automatic transmission of their transactions, some do it manually. You can have daily updates, weekly or when the AM feels like he should do it. If you don't have a lot of transactions every day with many merchants, you're not going to understand what's going on and don't expect LinkShare to tell you anything. As an affiliate LinkShare doesn't bring you any security and you're never sure you're going to get paid for your sales.
    There's a lot of room for improvements but they are so bad they don't even understand it.
    I've direct relationships with many of my merchants so I can crosscheck what LS is doing. As far as I know their reporting is working.

Things "appear" normal for me.

Clickthroughs and sales are reasonable, given my site traffic and keyword activity.

I just had a reasonable update come very late. It was about 9 hours later than normal and the information seems to be from yesterday only. I'm still missing information from several days ago. It's been proven to me by Overstock that my information is not correct. Even now the number of items Overstock told me I sold 3 days ago is above the number I'm seeing now. This is bad because sales have been reported from yesterday, but not from 4 days ago. Steve is going to be talking to LinkShare today about this issue for me. I hope we can get a resolution.

- Scott

I just had a late update too, and my numbers now match what Steve @ Overstock was nice enough to confirm with me. Still some gaps though, which makes me wonder if some sales went untracked, but... no proof.
    Tim

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well I spend part of the day installing 2 Overstock purchased computers and a lazer printer at a client's office today. Everything works just fine and I made sure to install ZoneAlarm, MS Anti-Spyware, Ad-aware and Spybot S&D as they have a shared DSL line. Damn BHO perps tried installs or stuffing backdoor trojans while i was setting up the systems.

Now for the gripe. None of it showed up as a sale for me in the LS reports. I know the client clicked on a Overstock link on my front page before going to the recommended purchases. They even signed up for Club-O Gold to get 1.00 freight and also will be selling on the Overstock auction pages and their site a mix or original & OS beaded jewelry items.

Only benefit to me was they gave me the other BHO parasite infested system and printer as part of the setup fee. Mark up one for 180Solutions,eBates,iGive or some other Overstock affiliate who overwrote my cookie. Nice to see one of the OS affiliate managers actually post here today in another thread. Haven't noticed them at ABW since Jan. 1st.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast