Anyone who's purchased through EveryTicket, StubHub, etc.
    Or even if you just have knowledge of them...that'd be fine too.

They all seem to be the same, so this question should be universal. Their price listing confuses me a bit. For instance, 2 tickets to a certain section of the stands at Talladega Superspeedway (just choosing something I know what the prices are) are listed as:

Section --- Seat #(s) Qty. --- Sale Method --- Sale Price (USD)
    TALLADEGA --- 2 tickets together --- Fixed Price --- $143.00 each

(made a nice table, apparently I can't post HTML in this forum)

Now is that $143.00 per 2 tickets, or is that $143.00 per ticket? If that's per ticket, these sites sure do rip people off. If that's per pair, then that's a fair price.

I ask because I've been contacted by several of these sites to sell tickets on my Talladega fan site, but there's no way I'd do that to my visitors if that a per ticket price. As it is I just point them to the offical site for free.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

I'm pretty sure it's for one ticket, I think these companies sell hard to get/ sold-out tickets.

Talking
    I agree with Electropulse. No cheap lunch out there.

Tinkle

Tickets to the races (especially months ahead) are not hard to get, at all. Maybe for the Daytona 500. I've bought good Talladega tickets a week or two before the race. For that particular section I quoted above, I've sat in it before, and the tickets are $70.00 flat (which would match the roughly $140 they have listed for 2).

EveryTicket for example charges depending on where in the section you sit! There's a flat price for every section, regardless of where you sit. The most expensive Talladega ticket (very top center stands) is like $160.00. EveryTicket has them listed for over $350.00!

I too believe that's a per ticket listing. I had a warning up on my site about these types of sites, but before I stepped too far, I thought I'd get 100% clarification. I emailed EveryTicket but have yet to hear back from them.

It is a per ticket listing. Supposedly they sell the "best" tickets for whatever event is out there. I went thru this conversation on another board - I was looking to buy tickets to go see Chicago The Musical which will be here in Rochester in April.

The asking price of the tickets thru EveryTicket was like $250. The price for tickets via Ticketmaster - the main source of tickets was $50.50 - While its true that I wasn't able to get in the first 3 rows via Ticketmaster which I could have done via EveryTicket -- I was able to get tickets for Row 23 which is still excellent seating in my book and considering I could get 5 tickets for the price of 1 at Everyticket I was quite happy with their location.

Had I not waited another month past the time I first started looking for tickets, I could have actually had better seats but I kept forgetting to ask my Mom if she wanted to go see it with us Girls.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ticket scalping is a profitable business with less then savory practitioners.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks everyone, looks like I'll keep my warning up.

I affiliate with some of these companies but figure most people know how to shop for tickets and anyone who MUST have something and is willing to pay for it is very welcome to pay the price.

TicketMaster is essentially the box office for a lot of events. They charge face value plus a handling fee. But they get sold out of the best tickets on the good events.

Places like everyticket cater to people who are either 1) more interested in the very best seats as opposed to the very best price or 2) people who have more money than time to invest in getting a better deal.

If you've got time, poke around forums or classified ad sites. You'll almost always get better prices. For the past few years, we've just always bought tickets to our fav football team at the game. That works for us as you can almost always find plenty of people with extra tickets.

Ross

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread