Someone Stole Our Page and Used It to Get AdSense Ads?
    I was trying to find out on Google who is referring to my page. To my complete amazement, I found a listing that has as its description my page's content exactly. Even my domain's name was in it. So, I decided to do some ... detective work. I soon discovered that all this person's tags were leading to final landing pages that had nothing on them else except a few AdSense Google ads. So, what was my page's content doing in this person's Google listing description? After some research into his Perl and PHP scripts, I have come up with the following theory:

This person used my page to fool Google that his page had content. He did that by using the HTTP_REFERER variable. When Google goes to his page, his script recognizes the Google address and sends Google to a copy of my page. That is what Google sees, and that is what Google lists.
    When the visitor is not from a Google address, he/she is sent to a page that contains only Google ads!

PS. Last night I contacted one of the redirection servers that this perron is using. I told them this story and, a couple of hours later, a click on the Google listing stopped leading anywhere. However, all the other URLs, containing just the Google ads, are still there.

Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation.
    Oscar Wilde

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Sleezebag affiliate tricksters at play and you need to report their URLs to Google so they pull their Adwords from those pages....and close the account without payment.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Santa Barbara, CA
    Sorry to her about this. I think you need to post this somewhere else though since it has nothing to do with Commission Junction. Let's keep things on topic.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

The Hen House
    Well if huhu's pages contain CJ items then aren't the perps effectively stealing CJ bandwidth as well?

ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    What ecomcity said, just report it to Google.

Home base: Pennsylvania
    Report Google Abuse
    I can never seem to find the Google Abuse Reporting page when I need it (OK, so I've bookmarked it now...) and it's really hard to find on the Google pages.

Any chance the Abuse page URL can be posted as a Sticky in the Google section of the Search Engine Insight groups? This would let us point people to it when questions like this thread come up.
    Tom C.
    [URL=]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

Polk County, Florida
    OMG! Somebody's done it to me too. I just read this post:

So, I tried the copyscape with a page somebody had plagerized a few years ago. I couldn't believe it. The first four results were just people linking to my site ... no problem, but when I clicked on the last link, I got a page that redirected to nothing but Google Adsense ads.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread