Smile Amazon Feed?
    Can anyone please suggest an amazon feed/script that can help me to pull only 40-50 different books from amazon? Just want to add few books, those go with the theme of my site.

Currently I am doing it manually, but sometimes its difficult to keep track of changing prices and out of stock books.

Or can anyone suggest better way of doing it?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

I guess I have found what I was looking for here http://www.chipdir.nl/amazon/. Pretty much does what I want.

Only problem now I have is, everything is done in PHP. Lack of programming knowledge is making it difficult for me to customize it for my site. I want to change the formatting, fonts, borders etc. etc. using HTML.

Any thoughts? Can anyone direct me to some source that can help me to begin?
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Did you try mr rats script? I'm clueless when it comes to Datafeed, but his is easy!

Animal Lover
    Ahmar

You can plug the script in a normal html page with SSIs - do you know how to do that? If so, you can just build a page in html and leave a spot where you want those products to be displayed and then call it using :

<!--#include virtual="/phpscript.php" -->

You will have to put a few lines of code into your htaccess file to get it to parse correctly.

Oscar

Thanks meleemel! I have looked into mr.rats script. But didnt go in details. Maybe I should give it another try to see if its easily customizable.

Thanks Oscar! Yep I can do the SSI but you must have noticed there is a border, description is centred, the font size & color etc. etc. I want to change all of these to go with my site.

I guess I have to look deeper into PHP code and see how can I change all of these within PHP.

Animal Lover
    Hi Ahmar,

You can change that in the script. If you know html it's pretty easy. Look for this bit in the script :

//print one Amazon product

and then look for the td align=center bits - I'm assuming you want the image centered so you will leave the td align=center for that section and then where you see productname you can just remove the align=center. For php, anything that says echo"blah-blah" - the bit within quotes is usually just plain html so it's usually pretty safe to alter those bits in the quotes just leave the string functions alone.

if you want to alter the table, you should just find and add bits to the <table> bits and add html code there eg <table border='1' width='772' bgcolor='#FFFFCC' cellspacing='0' bordercolor='navy' bordercolordark='navy' bordercolorlight='navy'>

it takes a bit of trial and error to get it right. As for fonts, I think (I can't remember what the script is like) you can just add <font face='Arial' size='2'> in the echo sections where you have the product - usually after the <td> bit within the echo is good. Takes a while to work out php but it's worth it.

Good luck,
    Oscar

Thumbs up
    Thanks a lot oscar for the great help and explaining it in detail !!! Definitely you have made it easier for me.

Thanks again.

MrRats Scripr apf4
    I found MrRats Script to be the easist to use. And if you can't figure it out, someone on their help forum will guide you through your problem. Here is a simple LINK that I use for bringing up 3 books using MrRats Script <http://www.innersong.info/cgi-bin/apf4/amazon_products_feed.cgi?Operation=ItemLookup&ItemId=0553353306,094438613X,1585420212&locale=us>, all I had to type was the Operation=ItemLookup&ItemId=0553353306,094438613X,1585420212&locale=us part.

Piece of Cake

Mr. Rats also make more conversion rate compared to other amazon script.

Quote Originally Posted by meleemel
    Did you try mr rats script? I'm clueless when it comes to Datafeed, but his is easy!
    What's the URL?

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I'm using the Amazon module for Mambo. I actually have the feed working before I have Mambo figured out.
    Last edited by slowhand; April 11th, 2005 at 11:00 AM. Reason: duplicate info

Sorry..Just saw your post!

http://www.mrrat.com/aws/

There is also a link to on Amazon's Own Web Service pages, thus they do endorse it as a great script for beginners.

Mel

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread