Hi All,
    Just want to tell you that I was let go yesterday from Gift Services-due to "economic reasons." Merry Christmas to me.

They kept my assistant, and gave her a raise. She is now the head of affiliate relations. I guess you don't go against your boss's wishes when it comes to affiliates. (Funny thing though, she may only survive till Feb since she has the same business ideas that I do-that's the reason I hired her). Her name is Bonny, so be nice to her. She frequently comes onto this board, but only as a guest. Now she will sign up and enter discussions. If anyone needs something, please contact her at bonny@gifttree.com

All agreements that were with me are still good with her.

That's about it. I hope your sales were fantastic. I thank you for all of your help in my short learning period. I'll pop in now and again. If any of you need a great graphic designer, dont hesitate to contact me. Happy new year. -Monstrphil

Phillip Valdez
    phillipvaldez@hotmail.com www.phillipvaldez.com

@ Monstrphil

Sorry to hear that, I hope the New Year brings you better things.

ABW Ambassador
    Monstrphil, you will be sorely missed... you are what affiliate programs need and I am sorry to hear that Gift Services didn't understand that. I wish you the best in all your endeavors.

Welcome to Bonny (who has very large shoes to fill [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]), may she fare better with the suits of Gift Services, Inc.

I'm so sorry to hear the news [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Wishing you every success for 2002 perhaps
    you should be in affiliate marketing for yourself!
    Hi Bonny!

Youch! What a drag.

I think mj is right, Phil, you should consider moving on over to our side of the equation. It really is great (see the thread about inspiration).

May you see success this year!

ABW Ambassador
    hey Phil,

You will be missed, but please do stay in touch. BTW, things are not the same. Something has changed with ALLWinebaskets and me since you left for the holidays. But I wont hold it against her too long.

God bless you Phil, and I hope all will be well with you and yer family.

Yeah Phil, stick around and get your own site going. Or do you have other plans?

f

Phil,

Pure Bullpucky!

Promotion from within is fantastic but when an online business person does not allow for qualified people to hold their positions and let them run with their plans after such levels of rapport and good will you have developed it just shows "Me" that your boss seems to a pure BS artist and I will remove all my links to gifttree. Furthermore, I see the gifttree affiliate manager becoming a ppc and SE optimizing agent, and gifttree discontinuing its affiliate program entirely!

Best of luck to you Phil, your talents and knowledge will take you very far in all your endeavors.

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Philip,

Let us know when you get an affiliate page up and some of us might lend you a link or two!

But for heaven's sake get some real hosting, not Homestead.

Elisabeth Archambault

ABW Ambassador
    Phil - I don't know you other than the boards - But sorry about your news.

But REMEMBER - GOD does not close one door without opening another but sometimes we spend so much time looking at the closed door that we miss the new door that has been opened for us.

Don't miss your next big opportunity that the Big Guy has in store for you Phil. You are exactly where you are supposed to be right now in your life - you just need to see what's in store for you next. Life has many stages and in the end they all come together to make one complete and beautiful picture. Trust me on that one.

Much success and good fortune to you in the New Year. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Phil,

After being in and out of almost as many places as I am years old, I recognize the sight of someone dancing on his way out the door!!!

Whether it's your amazing amount of well-wishes to your successor, or the more obvious sign of beers being toasted...or the fact that last week, too, you were asking for designing jobs...Something is just hinting that you're not going to miss that j*b and your b*ss very much

You really ought to come over to this side of the line, where you can eliminate most of the bad with a click of the Drop Program button! It's much more fun to give [the finger] than to receive it! Plus you're never stuck relying on one merchant so they don't tend to have that "boss" attitude...and you don't have to give The Finger all that often. (Of course you have to watch out for crooks but there's a huge field to pick from. If you don't like one place, Click-Click, put on another!)

Sux that you got let go before you could quit but I'm sure you'll find something better!

I will miss having you as an aff. manager, it's not too many that are willing to come on the boards and endure the flames...plus your willingness to help is appreciated!

It does sound like pure BS on the part of your old boss even though you did put a "toasting" gif on (and other hints of unsadness) and I will not be putting up any more GiftTree links either! And if Haiko is right about the program closing and GiftServices trying to play in the PPCs and Free SEs, they will have a sorry surprise, trying to survive on what one SE/PPC campaign can bring in! It can be great for an individual, but trying to run an entire Co. on that won't last too long.

ABW Ambassador
    Phill,

Ditto all the other wishes... Your too good for that program...

Best wishes for 2002

Best regards,

Dave

Phil,
    Sorry to hear the news.

Now who am I going to complain to about an affiliate program I'm not even in? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PS. Last I checked, GiftTree's 3 Month EPC was about $11, so if they are paying more than 11 cents/click in the PPC search engines, they are paying too much! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"Don't miss your next big opportunity that the Big Guy (and Gal) has in store for you Phil. You are exactly where you are supposed to be right now in your life - you just need to see what's in store for you next. Life has many stages and in the end they all come together to make one complete and beautiful picture."

Couldn't have said it better. You are moving on from that job because you have already learned the lessons that were offered there. Now, your path leads in a new direction with new challenges and adventures. You are needed elsewhere.

You will be fine. Stick around here. All these fine folks will continue to be your friends and helpers. Certainly, look for other opportunities. But also, in your spare time, why not try a page or two? What could it hurt? You might, unlike me**, have the knack for it and make a bundle. If so, this could be a great thing for you.

**I think my problem is that I am too involved with the content I fell compelled to provide. The money is secondary. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Phil, sorry to hear you got laid off!!

You are a great designer, very talented artist!!! And a nice person!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I wish you well!!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Phil,

Getting the boot is no biggie. Truck on down and sign on for unemployment. Getting a check whike you look for work online and are bulding your own site is not all that bad.

Then go have fun for a week. Forget about Gift Tree because in the great scheme of things they are forgetable to the max.

Then go build a small gift oriented site and become an affiliate of the competition. Send your old boss a link to your new site and tell him to go check it out and notice how his sites are NOT prominently displayed.

When you have finished getting even. Then send me an email and I will hire you to make some sales pages for me.

The email address is in the member list

Well, I am making my grand opening with a little humor and a small tribute, hence the name! So now the introduce, my name is Bonny Elder I think it's been dropped around a few times. If you need to be refreshed, MonsterPhil's sidekick if you will or that woman that now holds his position at the infamous Gifttree. I am entering with an open mind and open ears, so let the games begin!

ABW Ambassador
    lol... I like you already. Welcome Bonny.

Bonny,

Welcome!

No offense, but I think the owner of gifttree is a complete idiot, Phil had goodwill and a serious rapport! (not to say you won't also)

I've been busy the past two days so I have not (yet) pulled my gifttree (you know my specific gift(tree) site) links .... tell me (us) why we shouldn't?

Haiko
    PS Hail the Philmeister!

[ speeling [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ]

[ 12-28-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Bonnie, and welcome. I allready have a bone to pick with you, and have sent you an email. lol - the welcome waggon has arrived.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Darn, really sorry about the news Phil...your contributions in the forums inspired me to add gifttree to a prominent position in one of my sites. Gifttree have lost a jewel in their crown. Really hope things work out well for you.

Meanwhile, hi Bonny...nice to see gifttree still have someone here to communicate with us here at abw.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread