As the new affiliate manager here at Art.com, one of my first tasks is to improve the quality and usability of our datafeeds. With that in mind, I was looking for some feedback from those who have used them, and from those who may be seeing them for the first time.

(Quick note on our program for those wary of parasites – my very first task was understanding this issue and being sure we are running a fair and equitable program to all affiliates. We have adopted a policy of not working with any affiliates that don’t meet this criteria. We have terminated several affiliates and are actively working to remove any remaining ones. Sorry this is off topic, but I will have more info in the Parasite forum for those interested.)

A bit of background - we currently offer a datafeed generator on our affiliate site that creates customizable datafeeds (i.e. for a particular artist or subject) as well as a comprehensive ftp feed. The ftp site includes the following feeds: Artists lists, Category list, Products, Discontinued products, New products, Top 1000 products, and Top products per category. Each feed is available as a CSV, TXT, or XML file – zipped or unzipped. There is no charge for use of any of the feeds.

Here is the information on our ftp feeds, alternatively you can PM me and I can email you one of the smaller ones.

url: ftp://ftp.art.com/ArtAffiliateFeed/

Server: ftp.art.com
    Username: artfeed
    Password: art.affiliates

Please take a look and let me know what you think, I will be working over the next several weeks to make some changes and would be interested to get some feedback on what would work best.

Thanks in advance,

Link

Link, I can't offer feedback on your datafeed since I don't use it but since my sites are database driven I took a look at your program. I do have some advice, however, if you're interested. If you want to attract more high producing affiliates you may wish to consider increasing your return days. I doubt the top producers will work hard for 10 return days.

Just my 2 cents, I'd like to see a parasite free merchant be more successful.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

http and a telephoto
    I would like it if you would add some additional categories. I just saw a great new poster site that has categorization by color group and art type (Impressionism, Abstract, etc).

I think the market is over saturated with artist and theme sites, since everyone has the same listings and categories.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Just signed up and downloaded a feed.

On first impressions:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>I don't see a field for large size images. I've figuared out how to include them on my own, but I don't see a way to have the feed include them without me adding them myself. That brings up another point. Why have the dimensions for the full size image, if you down't have the URL?
    <LI>How about a link to go to framing for each particular item?
    <LI>Some type of description would be nice.
    <LI>The categories are a bit lacking. I downloaded just the sports feed and I see a Parent Category for Anaheim Angels, then down the feed a bit, I see a Category called Anaheim Angels with a parent category of Baseball. These should be grouped together better somehow.[/list]Oh yeah, more than 10 return days would be nice too
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Hi Link

I've still not had a sale yet.
    May I sent 820 clicks to you
    June I sent 403 clicks to you
    this month so far I've sent 138 clicks to you.

Since I joined you in January of this year I've sent you a total of 2251 clicks for 1 sale that gave me $4.50 comish.

The database is updated every week without fail so it cannot be old stock as a reason for not selling. So I'm looking for reasons why my sales/clicks ratios are so pathetic please? Are my results comparable to your other affiliates? or is it just that I cannot sell posters?

I know I used to sell them fairly well for allposters but I dropped them due to the parasite situation.

I look forward to your reply.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Gordon-
    I will take a look at your account and get in touch with you directly later today.

Link

Thanks everyone for the feedback received so far, I apologize for taking so long to get back here but I wanted to get a little more information on a couple of items.

To Nature Boy's point about categorization - currently our feeds are sorted by product rank (popularity) - would it make more sense to sort by category - i.e. all the baseball/anaheim angels products together? I thought that could be handled once the feed is imported but maybe not.

Also, did you find our category structure easy to understand? In some cases it goes several levels deep and I have gotten feedback that can be hard to understand.

Again, many thanks for helping us improve our datafeeds.

Link

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread