1099 form?
    Just curious if anyone received last year's 1099 tax form from CJ?

Hi abwabw,

Not me?... Do they send You like a w2 or something? or do You have to make a certain amount of money before they do that?

If anyone could enlighten me about how to deal with taxes being a affialiate please let me know and clear up this gray area for me... Thanks.

Love You,
    HumbleFish

I emailed CJ this question last week, and they said they are in the process of mailing out 1099's and people should start seeing them in the mail in a week so. I sent the email last week, and so far I have not seen anything.

I got my 1099 from CJ lst week. It didn't say if it was for both CJ & BF or not so I was going to drop them an e-mail and check.

So far they are the only ones to send one to me..

Yes, I received mine. In fact, I've received all of my 1099s and filed my taxes this weekend. (I thought companies were required to mail them by Jan 31?)

ABW Ambassador
    We got our CJ 1099's weeks ago. If you didn't earn at least $600 from them, you won't be getting one. Yes, they're supposed to go out by Feb 1st, but not all companies are on the ball. In any case, you do need to report the income either way.

As for CJ and Befree being combined..nope, they were separate.

I got mine from CJ - seems like 2 or 3 weeks ago. It matched my records, except for that typical penny off, for CJ only. Befree was not included.

dunno
    I signed up for CJ in the late part of last year, and they mailed me my first check in late december. I did not make more than $600, and the check was not cashed until sometime early january. Do I still have to report this? Thanks in advance.

got mine last week.

: )

Quote Originally Posted by MoD
    Do I still have to report this?
    You do have to report all income regardless of whether you get a 1099. As I understand it, if you got the check in December, you should report it as income for 2004. If you got it in January, you should report it as income for 2005. It doesn't matter when you cashed it, but when you received it.

(PS For all I know, it's possible the postmark date determines whether it's 2004 or 2005 for a check mailed very close to year-end and received the following year; maybe someone can clarify this.)

ABW Ambassador
    Mod,

Yes, you need to report it for 2004, not 2005. It is when the check is dated, not received or cashed. If it went that way, we'd all hold our December checks until January and just say they came late.

When a 1099 is printed it's based off a range of dates from January 1 - December 31, thus the company doesn't allow for the fact that you really don't receive the check until the following January.

You do need to report all income regardless of whether it's over 600 or not. We have a BeFree merchant which we earned over 5 figures from who does not send 1099's and as much as it'd be nice not to report that income, it is the law.

Good luck,
    Robin

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread