Does Google, others index PHP pages
    I was wondering if Google, Yahoo and MSN index PHP pages. My PHP pages are mostly HTML with PHP includes.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah I believe so. I have a page wich contains both HTML and PHP and it is indext in google.
    www.perfect-jewelry-gifts.com

Yes.

You can also use the AddType directive with Apache to make your .html files automaticaly behave like .php files and nobody will even know.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Search engines cannot read server side code. PHP is a server side language and the code is processed at the server before it is sent to the browser (or the search engine spiders, or anything else that reads web pages).

Search engines can also index pages with the .php extension.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Sounds good, thanks everyone. I have had a site up for about 2 weeks and only 2 pages are indexed. Is there a key to the way you code the links in the HTML, i.e. using http://www.whatever.com/page.php versus using /page.php?

Google indexes my site which is php and sql driven and also includes code after the ?:
    Hence http://www.xxxx.com/instrument/compo...name=Beethoven
    appears in their index [same for Yahoo]

http and a telephoto
    It generally takes a lot more that 2 weeks to get more than a couple of pages indexed... *generally*. Some sites get pages indexed faster for a variety of reasons, mostly due to inbound links on other popular sites.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I wouldn't focus so much on getting your pages indexed. Even when they do get indexed they may get de-indexed on a whim. It's just not a safe way to play this game. I suggest creating a newsletter and a couple very focused and well written, hand made pages. Once you have that, test them out with AdWords to generate some traffic on your own. Try to collect these users with your newsletter and make sure you can convert enough of the traffic to break even or make a profit. It's not easy, but the more you try, the better you'll become at all marketing techniques. To answer your question, yes, Google will index most anything, even PDF documents.

Don't take this the wrong way though. It's important to get your pages indexed, but just make sure they're good enough that Google doesn't drop them. It's not a great idea to start with a datafeed because Google is working hard to remove datafeeds from it's index. Start with something totally unique.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    And if you're using php to dynamically generate your pages, make sure you have a site map hard linked from your main page so the search engine can generate the pages (to index them) as well.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Don't take this the wrong way though. It's important to get your pages indexed, but just make sure they're good enough that Google doesn't drop them. It's not a great idea to start with a datafeed because Google is working hard to remove datafeeds from it's index. Start with something totally unique.

There is absolutely no truth to this statement. Search engines cannot tell if a site is a datafeed site or not. They just read the words on the page. You could do the same pages by hand and still have the same exact problem. It's not hard to make pages unique to avoid the filters of dup content.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992

There is absolutely no truth to this statement. Search engines cannot tell if a site is a datafeed site or not. They just read the words on the page. You could do the same pages by hand and still have the same exact problem. It's not hard to make pages unique to avoid the filters of dup content.
    I'm sure they can detect datafeeds. The product names are enough to trigger the algorithm. When they see several hundred pages with the same title and the same category names, they identify them as duplicate content. I don't think they're necessarily targetting any particular datafeed, but the number of people using a feed can directly influence this. I've found that the more exclusive datafeeds that few people are using are actually still generating a little Google traffic. It's the feeds that everybody and their dog are using that are getting dropped.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread