The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Linkshare Merchandiser
    Anyone know the URL at Linkshare with step-by-step instructions for FTPing the new lmp format?

Doesn't Help much bit it is what I have...
    Hi Valued Affiliate,

In order to streamline the LinkShare Merchandiser process, we are implementing a new process that will be rolled out in full to all affiliates on November 15, 2004.

In your account, you will begin to notice files ending in .lmp instead of .gz. The .lmp files are "functions" (not files) in your account and are not to be used in the same way you are currently using files. Although the .gz files may not be visible in the FTP directory, you will still be able to download the necessary file by using the FTP commands like this to download the file:

get 802_112_mp.txt.gz (for the text file version)

In the event you are using an “mget” command in your script, please alter that to the “get” function. Only this command will pull the correct file in your account. Feel free to reply to this email with any questions you may have on the change.

I apologize if you were not informed of this change before it affected you. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards,

Affiliate Support

LinkShare Corporation

888-SHARE-89 ext 700

646-602-0160 fax

email: merchandiser-a@linkshare.com

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Billy,
    I thought I'd post this publicly, in addition to my email, in order to help others with the download process if they need it.

Here are the most basic instructions for downloading the feed via command prompt. The command prompt is something everyone has access to w/out having to download a software app and is quite simple, although not automated. From windows:

start
    ->run

type “cmd”

click ok

at prompt type: "ftp aftp.linksynergy.com"

type your username at prompt

type you password at prompt

type "bin"

type "dir" to view the name of the file you need to get. The files visible are the ones with the .lmp extension.

type "get enter-filename-here" to download file. The filename you enter should be identical to the file you want from the directory view minus the .lmp extension, so for example, if the directory view shows this file:

2640_1213458_mp.txt.gz.lmp, you need to type:

"get 2640_1213458_mp.txt.gz" to download the file.

Check your c:\ directory and the file will be there upon successful download.

type "bye"

See attached screenshot for further explanation

I hope this helps!

Andy
    Andy Newlin
    Online Marketing Manager
    [url="http://www.sierratradingpost.com/"]www.SierraTradingPost.com[/url] - [url="http://www.sierratradingpostaffiliates.com/"]www.SierraTradingPostAffiliates.com[/url]
    anewlin@sierratradingpost.com

http and a telephoto
    Yeah, typing bin is an extremely important part of the process!!! Thanks for the great explanation, I finally figured out this process with the help of a very nice affiliate It was not easy at first!

One other tip, make a text file of your datafeeds, add the get command in front of the name (I used excel actually) and you can copy and paste the whole list into the dos window and go have coffee while it downloads all the feeds for you
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Billy, here is a discussion and a whole mess of code to auto download them

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=5519

Quote Originally Posted by Andy-SierraTradingPost.com
    Hi Billy,
    I thought I'd post this publicly, in addition to my email, in order to help others with the download process if they need it.

Here are the most basic instructions for downloading the feed via command prompt. The command prompt is something everyone has access to w/out having to download a software app and is quite simple, although not automated. From windows:

start
    ->run

type “cmd”

click ok

at prompt type: "ftp aftp.linksynergy.com"

type your username at prompt

type you password at prompt

type "bin"

type "dir" to view the name of the file you need to get. The files visible are the ones with the .lmp extension.

type "get enter-filename-here" to download file. The filename you enter should be identical to the file you want from the directory view minus the .lmp extension, so for example, if the directory view shows this file:

2640_1213458_mp.txt.gz.lmp, you need to type:

"get 2640_1213458_mp.txt.gz" to download the file.

Check your c:\ directory and the file will be there upon successful download.

type "bye"

See attached screenshot for further explanation

I hope this helps!

Andy
    Hi
    I want to download files by categories. The data feeds (by categories) are in each merchants' folders
    Do you know how I can get them?
    Thanks~~~!!!!

Unhappy
    Hi,

type your username at prompt?
    type you password at prompt?

i use user name password linkshare cannot login
    login incorrect

please help me

thank you

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread