Thanks to affiliate marketing, I have....
    - Visited the pyramids.
    - Taken my son diving in the Red Sea and dived with a Manta Ray - a lifelong ambition.
    -Gone part-time in my real world job and am now in the position where I do at all it through choice and not necessity.
    - arranged to buy a really cool Alfa Romeo that I'm picking up on Saturday
    - become a higher rate tax payer.
    - spent loads of time on my interests and not felt guilty at all as it's become my job too.
    - now got a much faster and better looking and all round top spec computer than I ever would have before.

Thought it was time we had a new positive and inspirational thread - what has AM allowed you to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    lol, that is the one bad thing but LOTS of good things!!

what has AM allowed you to do?

* send the kids to college
    * renovate the house
    * put money in a savings account
    * look forward to having a nice retirement

Ebudae

Whew-whew-whew... Very inspiring and positive thread started! Thanks, Paul! I wish we had more of these...

- lost a lot of sleep
    - developed an ulcer
    - aggravated my carpal tunnel syndrome

:-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Helped me prove the skeptics wrong as I moved into a new field and raised my profile within the company. As a result, I'll have more opportunities in the not-too-distant future!

* If I lose my day job, I can spend more time doing AM and make as much or more money.

* Bought a new 51" TV for the sole purpose of watching sports and surfing movies.

* Hopefully it will lead to retirement (or at least the ability to do what I want when I want) before I'm 30.

* Gives me an excuse to:
    A. Buy all of the cool computer toys I want
    B. Avoid hanging out with my in-laws because I'm "Working" when I'm at home
    C. Drink lots of red bull

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks to affiliate marketing, I have....

... went from 185 pds to 220 in one year from sitting on my butt all day. Almost back to normal

... went from getting a tax refund each year to paying Uncle Sam 4 times a year.

... a fat wallet.

... to no longer turn the radio up loud when my car makes a funny noise.

... freedom

... become my own boss

... money to buy a new car later this yer

... vacation time whenever i want

... thrown out my alarm clock

- Visited the pyramids.
    - Taken my son diving in the Red Sea and dived with a Manta Ray - a lifelong ambition.
    -Gone part-time in my real world job and am now in the position where I do at all it through choice and not necessity.
    - spent loads of time on my interests and not felt guilty at all as it's become my job too.
    - now got a much faster and better looking and all round top spec computer than I ever would have before.

Thought it was time we had a new positive and inspirational thread - what has AM allowed you to do?
    Congratulation! This post encourages me a lot.
    How many years does it take you to get in this situation?

Thank you.

Animal Lover
    Thanks to affiliate marketing I have :

1. the freedom to help out at my son's school
    2. go out with my parents when I feel like it
    3. spend time at home and work everything around my 'work'
    4. gotten to know lots of good friends at abw
    5. turn my 'hobbies' into spare cash

I am truly thankful to have stumbled across it.

Oscar

Smile First came Alpha
    -
    What kind of Alfa?

Affiliate marketing paid for my twinspark Spyder, and its the most fun car I've had since the old Fiat X1/9.

Alphas can be finicky, but they sure are fun to drive and incredibly beautiful in design. Just make sure you let the oil warmed up before you give the engine any kind of workout, and change the timing belt (expensive) according to schedule!
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks to AM I have

1. Quit that awful job that almost drove me to suicide
    2. I get to be there for my kids.
    3. I get paid without having to report to some imbecile who sucks up to the management but knows absolutely nothing. (Still really sore about the way I was treated on the job)
    4. Get the freedom to think and to express myself and be paid for it.
    5. Get to see movies and go shopping during off peak periods.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    • Don't do empl*yment
    • Think I've gained 100 lbs, finally time to join a gym...
    • Hit a higher tax bracket
    • Got that Mercury a couple years ago
    • Still don't even have to think about how to pay for it, the automatic bill-pay doesn't bounce
    • Dumped the alarm clock
    • Can play games most of the time and still get paid
    • To get paid, all I have to do is play THIS game for a while instead
    • Bought a bad@ss PC
    • Don't really have to put up with idiots
    • Don't have to listen to any suggestions to "get a job!"
    • Nobody mentions it anymore, when Farmer Jack is hiring again
    • Have my freedom!
    • Don't have to pretend not to gag, when people act like a job is a some kind of a good thing
    • Don't have to push a mower around anymore
    • Don't have to worry when I can't find someone to draft/hire into doing it for me--now I just ride the new John Deere around in the summer and have fun
    • Don't have to count pennies or care that things are on sale
    • Can no longer be deducted as a "dependent!"
    • Take a real vacation every year

That's all I can think of right now...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I've been self-employed, work at home since 1970. Business has been good, but fluctuations in the construction industry left a feeling of insecurity. Four years ago I came across AM and thought that might be a good way to diversify my income sources and would be great for retirement from my main business. Since then:

-Paid off a 30 yr mortage off in 15th year, living debt-free after 1 yr in AM
    -Bought a two bedroom luxury condo on the beach in Puerto Vallarta, MX.
    -Upgrade my computer & office equipment without financing or "saving up".
    -Spent quality time with family and friends
    -Gained 20 lbs., working on that.
    -Expecting to build vacation home by early next year - no financing involved.

I work an average of 2-3 hrs. per day tweeking the websites. Happy camper here.
    ~Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by Look4
    What kind of Alfa?

Affiliate marketing paid for my twinspark Spyder, and its the most fun car I've had since the old Fiat X1/9.

Alphas can be finicky, but they sure are fun to drive and incredibly beautiful in design. Just make sure you let the oil warmed up before you give the engine any kind of workout, and change the timing belt (expensive) according to schedule!
    Hi Look4, it's a 156 Sportswagon 2.0 JTS in silver. Picked it up yesterday and she's a real beauty, they're even better in the metal than in pictures. I need something with a degree of practicality for my son and his myriad friends with skateboards, so a 2 seater is the next on my list.

I just love the way it looks, it's been designed for aesthetic appeal above true load carrying practicality and drives like a dream. I spent yesterday afternoon finding all the windy back roads I could, after my old car it feels like driving a go-kart - <big cheesy grin>

It's also got a great Bose sound system, so the next step is to get an MP3 player connected, then I'll just need to get out of it occasionally to earn some more petrol money.

SOM - my sites are content sites and at first I concentrated on site building rather than money making, they were just intended to pay their way at first, then I realised the potential for $$$ and off I went. So it's been a little longer for me than some others to get there - it's about 4 1/2 years since I first sat down at a computer to make a web page.

ABW Ambassador
    Excellent stuff, everyone! I love hearing the upside to all of this!

Hi Look4, it's a 156 Sportswagon 2.0 JTS in silver.

SOM - my sites are content sites and at first I concentrated on site building rather than money making, they were just intended to pay their way at first, then I realised the potential for $$$ and off I went. So it's been a little longer for me than some others to get there - it's about 4 1/2 years since I first sat down at a computer to make a web page.
    Paul,

The 156 is most definately the best looking "wagon" on the market. I personally think it looks better than the 147. Audi's wagons aren't too bad either, but the Mercedes and BMW's, and especially the VW's are homely compared to the Alpha. A few of the Japanese cars are starting to get some better lines, expecially the Honda wagon (only in Europe, not the US). The only thing I'm not too sure about is parallel parking with the new exposed grills on the Alphas. Mine is the split-bumper style so when someone backs and bumps me there's no damage.

As to site building - again - similar backgrounds. Started for fun and to share knowledge, but ti grew into a real moneymaker. I'm constantly torn between quitting the FT job and doing AM full time. Wish I would work out some sort of part time on the day job. Oh well.

If you've got an Alpha, you must not be in the US. Where are the twisty roads you spoke of? (PM me if you'd rather not say in the forums).
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks to affiliate marketing I have:
    • met and made many friends around the world in all walks of life.
    • been able to bring together all the life long skills I have learned into one fantastic, unique career opportunity.
    • been able to reach out and help many people, in many walks of life improve their financial situations - that alone is worth it.
    • been able to provide financial security for my family.
    • held myself and only myself accountable for my financial security.
    • been able to work my schedule, work my hours, be my own boss.
    • not balanced my checkbook in over a year.
    • been able to buy an "as is", 4 br home, completely gutted the interior, spent a year renovating it to my tastes and have it appraise at almost a half million today.
    • elliminated all my CC's, all my debt and only have the mortgage and MDX lease to worry about.
    • been able to buy everything I need in cash.
    • gained about 30 lbs, need to get my arse in gear.
    • come alot closer to buying a 30ft cruiser, still looking.
    • most important of all, the personal satisfaction of success
    A big thank you to all that have entered my life in some way, shape or form in these few years, for without you none of this would have been possible ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks to Affiliate Marketing, I have lost 10 lbs as now I get to go to the gym while everyone else is in the office.

I am just in the process of building my web page and sorting through programs that would be good for my potential readers. There is so much to learn and do that my head is spinneng. This is an inspiring thread. I was just starting to get discouraged with how much work it is but you all have reignited that spark for me.
    Congratulations to all of you on your success!

Andy
    been able to buy an "as is", 4 br home, completely gutted the interior, spent a year renovating it to my tastes and have it appraise at almost a half million today.
    YOU SUX <--- that's code for YOUR MY HERO!

to date, few but still worthwhile

1. make montly payments on my wife's mini-van (6 months running)
    2. also make a handful of monthly payments
    3. last but not least, not so much a monetary value but AM has given me perspective. Just knowing that I can do this and not rely on 'THE MAN', although I still do rely on the man but not for long........soon......

ABW Ambassador
    • No need to work @ a Burger King for college money
    • Beautiful new snowboard (and a couple snowboarding vacations to go with it every year)
    • And then all the *little* things, like going out to eat more often, being able to own a book I really want instead of hoping they have it at the library or buying that new DVD/Videogame instead of a lousy 5 day rent...

ABW Ambassador
    Talking How could I forget!
    Almost forgot the most important thing I've ever done with AM money, Laser Eye Surgery (and paid for in cash btw )! If anyone is considering Lasik, GO FOR IT, you won't regret it.

ABW Ambassador
    AM right now is causing headaches.

AM means I get $2 back this april 15th.

my AM effort is currently owned by 302 redirects. I am not amused.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread