Question Question?
    I've been a SAS member for about 4 months now and have about 100 merchants I'm promoting. I just had my first "decline" by a merchant. The funny thing is this merchant is new to SAS (30 days) and has yet to get a sale. Ah, guess they just didn't like my mall site. Maybe too much competition there.

Anyway, my question is: What affiliate information is available to SAS merchants (besides our website) about us affiliates when they are considering approval/disapproval action. This may be a question for Brian.

Thanks!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

I am one of SaS merchants. When an affiliate signs up with us (our settings are at auto-approval), we see his/her website's URL and have an option of e-mailing them via our SaS control panel. That's it... So more than likely they (the merchant that reviewed your application) judged simply by what they see at your website, "Travelin Man".

Hey thanks Eprussakov! I thought merchants would at least be able to see how many merchants we were signed up with and maybe some stats. I guess affiliates get more information on merchants

Thanks again!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

That would definitely be helpful for us (SaS merchants)... Talk to Brian about adding this feature...

Affiliate Manager
    That is almost everything. Besides being able to see the website you listed, there are also other general information like Name, UserID, and Country of Origin.

The most significant piece of information listed is rather you have "Full" or "Limited" SaS membership. Essentially, a "Full" membership affiliate has made a certain amount of money already and in general will give better results than "limited" membership affliates.

But, that's about the only things we can see out of our affiliates. There is nothing on the merchant side where you can view and browse for affliates, like what affiliates accounts have for seaching merchants.

Eink4U,

Thanks! The Full/Limited membership identifier would help merchants decide on an affiliate relationship. Merchants should be able to make a good assessment whether a site will produce just by looking at it though, you'd think. Anyway, I look at being declined by a merchant as "their loss" while selling their competitors products.

Cool, thanks for the info!
    Travelin' Man

I too am an SAS merchant and just opened in this past month.

One thing you might want to do is try again at a later date or possibly check the fine print.

I do know that many companies check and decline as they are either looking for affiliates who provide more traffic, or they are looking for sites that only match their program.

Be sure to read the fine print of their program and check your products. Some sites will not allow adult related material to be joined to their program. This could be anything from adult movies to lingeri. It just depends on the program.

Remember, just because a program is new, doesn't mean they haven't been around for a long time. Many companies these days have worked in the affiliate field for years and are just now opening their online businesses.

I wish you much success with your program.

Some time ago I was turned down by Sears (not an SAS merchant) I assumed they were not accepting, what I call a "relevent link farm". ( relevent copy with more than it's share of ads) I generate reasonable traffic and have some good rankings. I recently built a site for my wife that is purely a "link farm" which thus far has no traffic and no ranking. She was immediately accepted by Sears. I re-submitted my site and was again turned down. *smile* It seems every merchant has it's own criteria.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread