Angry PayPal can't seem to answer my simple question!
    I've registered myself on PayPal a few weeks ago and I have a doubt whether the initial credit limit they put in my account is charged to my credit card or not. I'm on normal program (without Expanded Use Program). Whether they charged my initail limit or the actual amount that I used up? I've been asking this simple question to PayPal support for 5 times now and they got back to with the same answers which doesn't answer my question at all . I'm sure a lot of you here are very fimiliar with Paypal. Could you help me out here please?

Tinkle

Paypal doesn't give you a Credit limit as it is not a credit card.

Paypal does how limit the amount of money you can use from your account. The daily spending limit is different depending on your account.

Example my account spending limit is 5,000
    but i just have 835.93 in my account.
    Even though my spending limit is 5,000 I can only use 835.93 since thats all the money in my account. Now if i had 5399.99 in my account I could spend it all except for 399.99.

However if you have a credit card linked and you have 399 dollars in your account and you purchase something for 405.00 it will use all the funds in your account plus 6 dollars from the creditcard or bank account linked to your account.

Question
    Thanks Hardware Geek for the information. What I'm still confused is that when I registered to Paypal account at the first place, they give me $100 in my account. Then I used up, lets say $50. Is $100 charged to my credit card to only the actual spending amount $50 is charged?

Tinkle

Well if you have 0 Funds in your paypal account but a spending limit of 100 and you spent 50 dollars the 50 dollars comes from your credit card.

But if you had 100 dollars in your account with a spending limit of 100 and you spent 50. those 50 came from the funds in your paypal account.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread