Angry Why today has really s**ked out loud
    Ruth has been taking Noah skiing the last few Fridays. It's been a great experience. It introduced Noah to a new sport that he really enjoys. It gives Ruth a chance to re-connect with something she used to do a lot before we got married, in addition to giving her a break from the daily grind.

She arrives at the ski resort and within 15 minutes, some idiot smashes the windows on three vehicles, including ours. He took Ruth's purse, of course, which she had hidden pretty well, she thought.

So my wife is a wreck, my son is freaked out and I've spent the entire day on the phone, contacting credit bureaus, cancelling credit cards, freezing bank accounts and locating an auto glass repair shop.

It's shaping up to be a freakin' great weekend.

Sorry to hear about your troubles! Hopefully you'll get everything taken care of quickly. I had this happen to me a few years back on my brand spankin' new car. Some whacko nut job just felt like going through the parking lot breaking windows just for the hell of it. I didn't have anything stolen though thankfully.

Good luck!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Sorry to hear that Karl I hope the police get them for you.
    When you read things like this it sometimes makes one think that involuntary euthanasia is sometimes a good thing.
    Why waste the hard working tax payers money keeping the likes of this scum in jail or prison? just put them down and the world has another idiot less
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    That sucks. Anytime i misplace my wallet i get that little panic feeling. I would have loved to walk in somebody doing that to my car.

Gordon: I have a few ideas on how to punish this particular moron!

Totally sucks. It sounds a little like they may have watched her get out of the car. - Be Careful please !

There are dirtbags almost everywhere - sad. It will get better though - hang in there.

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry to hear this Karl.

"I've spent the entire day on the phone, contacting credit bureaus, cancelling credit cards, freezing bank accounts..."

My wife lost her persue from a movie theater. We had to go through all that pain. Make sure you put a lock on credit files which lasts for at least 6 months. Other headache was to get the driver's license.

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcedit
    Sorry to hear this Karl.

"I've spent the entire day on the phone, contacting credit bureaus, cancelling credit cards, freezing bank accounts..."

My wife lost her persue from a movie theater. We had to go through all that pain. Make sure you put a lock on credit files which lasts for at least 6 months. Other headache was to get the driver's license.
    KC: From the looks of things, it was a petty theft, but you never know, so, yes, I put a fraud alert on our credit report. Luckily, she had her license in her pocket, so that's not an issue.

Still ... *sigh* ... all in all, it s**ks.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Jeese, sorry to hear it. Hope your wife is okay!

When they catch the fool they should tear off their arm and beat them over the head with the bloody stump!

Not that I condone violence, mind you.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Sorry to hear about the spoiled skiing event for your wife & son. I've had to cancel CC accounts before ... it's a definite chore indeed. Hopefully the police catch the snert who did this.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That's rotten, and I hope they catch the no-good who did it!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I hate crooks.
    He took Ruth's purse, of course, which she had hidden pretty well, she thought.
    Sorry to hear that happen to your wife, I hope the crook get caught soon.

Karl,
    This is not to cause you more stress but, to give you an idea to think about, because there are crooks that just take the money and run, but there are crooks that also try get more from their victims later.

Another thing to remember just in case is that, if that crook now has your home address and phone number, it's a good idea to keep an extra eye around your house this weekend.

Some crooks go the extra mile of calling the house of their victims to see if anyone is home in order to burglarize more, specially if they find keys on the purse they stole.

Sal.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Man Karl that really is a bummer and quite a pain in the posterior to deal with. Really sorry you and your family are having to deal with this.

Sorry to hear about that Karl - hope they can catch the person!!
    Ebudae

I feel so bad for you and your family. I've never had anything like that happen to me, but it must be an awful feeling. I hope there were security cameras on the parking lot and the crooks will be caught. Mr. Sal's post really has me worried for you now.

I totally sympathize. I had my purse stollen out my shopping cart at the grocery store a few years back. I had my 5 month old daughter in the cart...They watch for people with kids that get distracted. I had tucked my purse under my kids carseat she was in. So they reached under her to get it!!!

I was so paranoid for months afterwards. They got my daughters ss card that I happen to have with me that one day for ID purposes(going to the airport)--house keys address car keys. I had to cancell all my cards. I did it within minutes of discovering my purse gone. They ran out and charged 2 t.v. sets within minutes at the store next door!!

Luckily someone found my drivers liscense on the street and mailed it to me, but to this day I worry about my daughters credit...

Its a terrible thing to go through. They should throw scum like that to the wolves or worse!! I feel for your wife. This too shall pass--its a hard one to come to grips with.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Thanks for all the kinds words, everyone. We've gotten through a lot of the emotion and a good portion of the laborious details.

Mr. Sal - you bring up a good point. We did call the police and asked them to make a few extra trips through the neighborhood over the next week or so. We also had a locksmith out to change the locks.

Apparently, there were five cars hit in the parking lot that morning and the state trooper looked at the head of security at the ski place and said, "I've told you about this before ..."

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread