Hi. Does anyone know where/the URL format, to grab all the XML products (i.e main 10-15 categories). I know its possible, as I've just been working on a 1Gb XML file from Amazon, which has all their products in. The problem I am having though, is working out where to get the updated versions :/

Please note, I do have a dev-token for amazon

Cheers

I don't have the answer for you but a question for you. Where can you get a static xml file for amazon? or did you compile it yourself? I'd like to incorporate them into my db sites instead of having a seperate area for them...
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I'm also interested. Last time I checked, you couldn't grab more than 20 products at a time through their XML interface. I'd love to be able to get more (with a single request).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Erm, thats what I'm asking

I got hold of it through a client (whome I was writing an import script for), but now I can't find it again

Cheers

ABW Ambassador
    This has been discused on occasion on the Amazon's own forums though I haven't been participating there recently. I believe a static file is still not available, and if it were, you would still be required to update it every 24 hours as per their operating agreement.

What did your 1 gig. file contain? It's hard to believe it had the entire Amazon product line, prices, descriptions, reviews, etc. Such a file would be enormous.

You might post your question at the Amazon webservices discussion forum and see what comes up.

Wayne

I've found out where its available from. You have to go through quite a few hoops from Amazon.com/.co.uk to get their XML files. I'm just trying to find out who to email, so I can get more details.

I definatly have the file though Its 1Gb+, but it doesn't have reviews etc in it. All it has, is the name, description, dimensions, format, manufacturer, buy URL, image URL, etc.

Cheers

Please keep us updated!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I can able to pull node specific products using php/xml feed . take a look at my website

Did u find it Andy ?

Hi. Ironically, I got an email through today =)

They have a new server (which I've now signed up for <G&gt ... that will give me full access to their product catalog, ready for importing into whatever program I desire

I'll post more info once I find out, as well as details on the import script (once I've verified it all works ok).

Cheers

11. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread