ABW Ambassador
    Folica Reducing Commission from 10% to 3% - UNBELIEVABLE!
    Well how interesting! After all of their reversals that have the excuse "other" now they are rewarding their affiliates with a tremendous commission reduction. What thieves!

Commission 3.00%

Performance Incentive For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $10,000.00 USD increase commission by 4.00%.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $20,000.00 USD increase commission by 5.00%.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $30,000.00 USD increase commission by 6.00%.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $40,000.00 USD increase commission by 7.00%.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $50,000.00 USD increase commission by 8.00%.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $100,000.00 USD increase commission by 10.00%.

This is one of the worst performance incentives that I have ever seen. It's not as if we are selling computers here, we are selling hair dryers! GEEZ!! I will make more than the 3% but can you believe they have $100,000 in sales a month to make the 10%. They must think we are idiots. Now with the lower commision rates and their rate of reversal they must be very happy.

ABW Ambassador
    Wouldn't suprise me to see them on the Deactivated Merchants List in the not to distant future.

ABW Ambassador
    Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Wouldn't suprise me to see them on the Deactivated Merchants List in the not to distant future.
    I never thought of that but you are so right ; that's where they are headed and then all of their affiliates will be left with a balance unpaid. Wonderful.

Their tiered structure is so outrageous for a tweezer and hairdryer store. It's pathetic.

Come On Where Is Your MERCHANT Spirit ??

You can sell 10,004 Hair Dryers a month at $19.99
    Counting in the 50% charge back.. that would put you at $100,000 for the month!

And that's just hair dryers - did you forget the curling irons?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If that was one of my merchants (it's not,thankfully), I'd just have two words:

Expire Offer.

Formerly known as "Drop Program!"
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by SuZe
    Come On Where Is Your MERCHANT Spirit ??

You can sell 10,004 Hair Dryers a month at $19.99
    Counting in the 50% charge back.. that would put you at $100,000 for the month!

And that's just hair dryers - did you forget the curling irons?
    Thats very cute SuZe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    If that was one of my merchants (it's not,thankfully), I'd just have two words:

Expire Offer.

Formerly known as "Drop Program!"
    YEP!

Is this common for a merchant to go from a flat 10% commission (not that we were earning 10% with the reversals) to a tiered performance incentive starting at 3% with impossible upper tiers for affiliates to achieve selling tweezers and hair dryers. I would think that most merchants would increase their commissions to reward the affiliates not punish them. It just seems odd to me??

but these pawns can refuse to play the game . . .

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Further amazing in that no beauty supply item doesn't carry a 50% markup...LOL.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

actually, a lot of that stuff works with typical mall markup: the original cost can be doubled and doubled and sometimes more.

ABW Ambassador
    When you expire this program what happens to your commissions? Do they stay at the 10% or do they revert to the 3% or whatever lower level you may be at; since the new commission structure starts on the 17th of this month?

ABW Ambassador
    Know of a good replacement for folica that sells the same line of products?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    Know of a good replacement for folica that sells the same line of products?
    I am looking. Have you found anyone?

I still would like to know what will happen to the commissions that we earned before the commission change. Will they stay at 10% or revert to 3%.

It's amazing when you think about it. The new commission is 3%, which means that is what you will initially earn. Then one two two months later (I am not sure which one it is?) you get your bonus. By then, Folica will probably reverse enough of the sales so that all of their affiliates will only earn the 3%. They always extend for an extra 30 days anyway?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread