Pay Per Click
    I see that a few merchants offer affilates pay per click. What exactly is this?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Pay-per-click is just what it sounds like--you get paid a certain amount of money (at ShareASale, it's usually only a cent or two) for every click you send.

There may be some restrictions on the payable clicks, for instance, a lot of PPC (pay per click) merchants only pay for "unique" clicks. In other words, they won't pay if it's the same person clicking over and over again. Along with that, some will only pay for clicks from certain geographical areas.

Personally I think that 1c and 2c programs aren't worth the time or trouble. You can do better with many other merchants.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

It sounds like it is open to a lot of fraud. Someone could purchase unique targeted traffic campaigns at a very low cost and get paid for every visitor.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    HMM Whether that would be considered a "fraud" would depend on the merchant, I suppose. Some may not care, while others would probably be wanting to string you up to the tallest tree...

Usually I wouldn't mention a competitor, but I doubt many SAS merchants would be interested in such bulk-purchased traffic. There is a place that actually advertises that they'll pay per-click for junk traffic and blind clicks, but it's not at SAS. It's called AllClicks and it's part of Standard Internet. I've read very mixed reviews about SI. But if you want a place that says outright that they'll take that kind of traffic, that's the place...

Update--I just checked the AllClicks site. It *does* require you to send the traffic from your own web page. But if all you put on that web page is something like CLICK HERE or ENTER that's fine!

(And, if you're wondering, the place *they* send the traffic is to popup hell...I don't know just what's on the pops though, because my Googlebar blocked 'em. 4 clicks upon arrival and one on the way out.)
    Last edited by Leader; February 13th, 2005 at 12:41 AM.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread