Hi all,

Does every datafeed from CJ Merchants contain the same number of columns and do those columns contain the same "type" of info (do they use a standard sheet/setup)?

ex:

merchant id | merchant name | product number | product description | link ... etc

YES

So, if you have a site that contain info from 2-3 merchants, then you can just create one script that can handle all datafeeds?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yep, with a couple of caveats:

1) Not all the merchants fill in all the fields which you'd probably consider relevant (for instance, some have no categories), so you'll need to have the script set up so that doesn't crash it or leave holes in your output in obvious places.

2) Some merchants have quirky characters or other idiosynchrasies in their feeds.

But if you can cover for those two, one script ought to be able to handle all the merchants. I figure if WebMerge can handle all the CJ merchants (and it *will*), there really isn't any technical reason it couldn't be done via some of the other methods as well.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I only need 3 columns (merchant id, product price and link). I already have a script I can use (if price is empty, then it will not be submitted into the db) so I guess it will works fine

Now I just need to find $250 for the setup fee

They just debit your account, so you'll have a negative balance for a while.

I just got access to theire datasheets.

They need a couple of days to setup my datafeed (with the 5 selected merchants). I tried to find other datasheet at theire website, but I cant find them. Is it only possible to get datafeeds from those 5 merchants?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread