has this feature been altered so that if you put a link with a PID for site A on site B the link shows as invalid?

is there any way to find out if an advertiser was temporarily deactivated for a couple of hours or days?

darn it! I thought i could have some time off from this job over xmas but NO! I cant turn my back on these children for 2 minutes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

quote:
    has this feature been altered so that if you put a link with a PID for site A on site B the link shows as invalid?

I don't think so. The only links I have showing up as invalid are from advertisers that have been deactivated. I have numerous links with my code from Site A on Site B and this doesn't seem to cause a problem.
    I recently asked Todd if this could affect tracking and he said no. Seems like creating new sites and code for those sites within CJ is for our benefit and allows us to see which ads perform best on which sites.

-CK

AustinPowers,
    I also had a very odd bunch o links show up as invalid, and have emailed the merchant. They aren't listed as extended, I have made money off of them, and traffic has gone through them. What's more, is that the one link that is on two domains is coded for the separate domains. It really scared me at first, since this is one of my better sources of income. I am hoping the merchant has something nice and calm to say.

Otherwise.... it's the lemon for someone. :eek:

Do the links show up as "valid" for the merchant?

Not that that means anything. I have seen invalid links be shown as valid. When you click on them, you get the invalid link CJ screen.

Could we have stumbled on another source of tracking problems here?

The links show up as valid (I have some links that have been expired by other merchants, but haven't changed 'em. I don't make enough on costumes to bother updating the page), the merchant is active, I am an accepted publisher. The message when I ran the invalid links report was :
    quote:
    Listed below are links that have generated traffic, but no income for your program between 12/20/01 and 12/27/01. These links are usually associated with advertisers that have either rejected you from their program, been dropped by you, or they have been deactivated from the Commission Junction Network. This list can also include links that reference a Web site (represented by the PID number) that is either invalid in the network or has been deleted from your account. It is important to examine the circumstances of each link to determine whether link replacement or other action is required.

Yet I have had valid transactions with most of these links since 12/20. There are two or three which have not had transactions, but I would have to hunt to see if they got clicked either. Oh, you know what, I deep linked these links before the automatic feature. I'd better be sure that they allow deep linking and that I did it right. Back later.

Okay, CJ gets my two thumbs up on this one!

The merchant has changed their website, evidently in transition. The deep links go to the old website which is no longer ecommerce capable and the visitor must click on a new link to get to the new website (PID transfers). Am now updating the links with the new URL's since I do earn enough with this merchant to bother.

Way to go CJ!

Hmmmm, now I guess I should check my email settings for the merchant. Perhaps I missed an anouncement of some sort. Perhaps I am only forgiving them because I actually make money off of them. Perhaps really they suck.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread