Thoughts on SunSpotWeb...
    Hello!

I was thinking of building a credit card site... just credit cards. I'm new to this affiilate "game" so I'd appreciate some feedback on getting my links through SunSpotWeb.

Also... is there a forum/thread where one can ask for feedback regarding websites??

Thanks!

Lyte

this is the first time I've ever heard of them. I didn't go deep into their site to find out if there was a difference between their commission and what you would get from the individual card companies. I hope their clientele are not just a bunch of questionable-credit sharks.

for feedback, look 'way down on the list of threads for this forum: Site / Logo / Banner Review
    Last edited by Herb ԿԬ; February 14th, 2005 at 11:43 PM. Reason: found resource to report

SunSpotWeb is Good. i got payment from them via Paypal

Sunspot is fine. Lots of competition in the credit card area though.

Thanks all for posting!

Yes, I'm just reading that... compitition re: credit cards. Yikes! Well, dare I ask... if anyone would like to give me some tips... heads up... and the like... I'd be most grateful!

I own chargecard(s).cc and I'm just starting to rough it out with Frontpage at home. Ugh!! I'm no web designer! Any ideas on how best to present such a site?? I'm inclined to do something simple and straightforward like creditcards.com cuz frankly, simple is all I know how to do right now. Thoughts??

Thanks again!

Lyte

I have a friend with a credit card site. It's a pretty profitable niche, but there is a ton of competition. The key is to find a way to build traffic to your site.

SunSpotWeb.com is supposed to be pretty good. Huge selection of cards.

One other thing... Don't expect timely reporting with credit cards. Sometimes it takes a month or more for applications to be reflected in reports.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks for responding!

Yes, traffic does always seem to be the bottom line!

Oy, how is it I always manage to find myself getting into competitive niches.

Thanks again!

Lyte

Good Luck with the project.

Many thanks!

I just did a UBER quick keyward cost estimate on Google and sheesh... adwords ain't gonna be cheap!

Keywords........Clicks / Day......Avg. CPC
    charge card............22................ $2.22
    charge cards..........7.1................. $8.04
    credit.................19000.................$3.22
    credit card............860.................$18.75
    credit cards............2700...............$5.88
    visa....................980................. $5.98

Hi Lyte,

Well, as my "competitor", I don't want to give away too much golden advice, but I can tell you that I have been very happy with Sunspot. Some guy named Ernie is always very prompt to reply every time I've had a question for them.

Perhaps you've already seen my 2 cents in the NCS thread, but from my experience, I would avoid them at all costs (NCS Reporting, that is). I have had horrid conversions with them after switching a majority of my Sunspot links. I was greedy and fell for their "higher payouts" sales pitch, but without approvals, you don't get paid anyway.

As others have stated, the credit card route is ultra competitive, but stick with it and it can be lucrative - or so I've read.
    Best wishes and hope to see you on page 1 of the SERPs!

I have been advertising with NCS for awhile now and have had NO problems.
    My Conversions have been great. I don't know where your traffic is coming from and honestly you probably don't know much about marketing.

Sorry that you fell for the "higher payouts" sales pitch. I did too, and have gotten higher payouts and more approvals.

Sunspot is a bottom teir company who is not even direct with the banks. You get all the sloppy seconds you want. I want to be the highest I can be up the food chain. But, someone has to have my sloppy seconds.

Enjoy, I do.

Sunspot Experiences
    I have not had they best experieneces and that is why I currently don't use them. Just for my knowledge was I the only affiliate with payment problems not to mention low conversion rates?

I generally found Sunspot and NCS to be comparable in their conversion rates.

It was Cardoffers that I found to be the worst.

card offers was terrible.. when i joined their system barely worked..

sunspot i was with them got paid a few times.. but low payouts

ncs was good at one time but they fell on hard times and now they are penny pinching i believe from their affiliates and claiming its the affiliates fault

commissionsoup i wouldnt touch them with a bargepole loong story but they are scam artists..

icommissions have been paid by them for other things not cards.. maybe ill test them out on cards always found them helpful and paid on time.

info
    commissionsoup i wouldnt touch them with a bargepole loong story but they are scam artists..

>-- Why do you say that?

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread